#10. the town

❘❙❚ ISSUE #10 ░░░░ VOL

❘❙❚ ISSUE #10 ░░░░ VOL. 2  
❛ THE TOWN ❜ ┆🌹

⁘⁙💥⛠ BUY ISSUE #10 FOR $1.00 HERE

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬

                    The teenagers were sheltered among the narrow trees and a few small earth eruptions for three days until they found a road marked by the heavy wheels of tanks and military cars that Rosie had seen from afar on the base and Ben had already climbed in and driven one. Nature was beginning a strange reconciliation with her young apprentice. Rosie was glad nature had come along when she needed most. She protected them in crucial moments where the military passed just under their feet cursing how unfavorable their position was.

"We're in the girl's territory, we'll never find her, she could be tucked inside any of these trees or digging a tunnel under our feet."

"It was my understanding that she couldn't control the powers "said one of the soldiers. Mark, Ben had whispered in her ear.

"It's her territory, it's useless."

The three days of rat-like wandering had been spent trying to behave as intelligently as possible, pooling their knowledge to triumphantly get out of the mess they had gotten themselves into. The escape had been so disastrous: the soldiers shot at their faces without a second thought, the tanks ran after them and a group of soldiers climbed into the planes. The bullets hit against their skins barely damaging them, what hurt the most as the sun began to rise were their legs. They had run so much and without rest that when it seemed to them no one was near, they fell to the ground on their knees.

As they approached the road in fear of the military passing by, the sun's rays hit Rosie's face burning the dirt she was carrying. Her hair had become hard and stinky, with tangled twigs and leaves. The forest dirt was infused with sweat and the strong fragrance of the morning grass. Her dress was finally serving to camouflage her. Ben wasn't much better, the three days managing to get out, were the challenge they expected. They didn't sleep for hours and, despite their powers giving them incredible stamina, they felt emotionally drained.

"So what do we do now? "asked Ben as they pulled over to the side of the road.

"Try to get to a town."

"Walking? "At that point, if they had to choose between running and walking, she preferred walking for a whole day.

"No "Ben moved a little closer to the side of the road, making sure there were no planes or soldiers coming out of nowhere. It had been a day since they'd heard from them. "We'll walk until we hear a car, I'll stop it and we'll go to a town."