31 || Yours To Give

Chapter 31: Yours To Give

I liked to be prepared, even though I never was…

So this time, I'd ensured to pack enough for my stay at the beach house. I'd even taken my fabulous swimming costume just to be safe.

"Do you really need that?" Jessica asked, her eyes fixed on me as I tried stuffing my croc swimsuit in.

"Jess, these scare away the sharks, they're a must wear."

"No they aren't." Angie plopped on my bed, grabbing the swimsuit. "I've already packed a bunch of bikinis for you… plus those fabulous lingerie we got you but you never wear."

I sighed, finally accepting I'd have to go without my favourite, and most useful, swimsuit.

I won't lie, I was kind of nervous. The last time I'd seen Mr Malik was him opening a for, gesturing I left… and by the look on his face, he didn't want me back.

Even before I could rethink my decision, my phone pinged.

Ashton- at your parking lot. You ready?

Maddie- yeah, be down in a minute

I hurriedly grabbed a few of my luggages, Jess and Angie helping me with the others.

Unfortunately, the elevator was still not in service. Gosh, someone sue our landlord.

•••

I made it to the parking lot, exasperated as I dropped my luggage into Ashton's boot, then sworn into the front seat beside him.

He stared at me, smiling.

"What?" I laughed.

"I'm just thinking about how lucky I am."

I smiled, taking his hand as he drive with the other. My cheeks a flurry red.

•••

"Maddison dear." Her heels clicked against the expensive tiles as Mrs Malik rushed tone, squeezing me into a tight hug. "I've missed you darling… how was the drive?"

"Nice!" I mumbled with a smile.

"Perfect… Jodie's making a hefty lunch, I'm sure you must be hungry." She held me, guiding me asking with her.

"Umm… mind if I ask? Where's Mr Malik?" I asked, my eyes searching around for any sign of his menacing figure.

"Don't worry about him, he's in the study room right now, he's been working all night on endorsements for Ashton, a lot of people are interested in working with the dummy, Jaxon would join us for lunch later… now, why don't I tell you about my trip to India, you'll love it."

•••

The room was the exact same way I'd left it.

It'd been cleaned, regularly in fact, but things were still exactly where I placed them. Ashton walked into the room, his breathing pitched from hours of boxing.

"I asked Jodie to keep it this way," he said as he leaned against the door, a trickle of sweat dripping down his impeccable jawline. "Do you like it?"

"I love it." I feel to the bed, smiling as the evening sun from it the balcony, simmering on the waters, illuminated my face.

" I got a bit of assignments to submit next week." I grabbed out my laptop and textbooks.

Ashton groaned. "Maddie, you just got here."

"Exactly." I beamed. "I'll get them done then I can spend more time with "your mom"" I said in air quotes.

He chuckled. "Yeah, I'm sure she'd like that."