The Dark Lord's Cousin (SS)

Introduction:
Severus Snape meets a woman in Muggle London. As the years pass by, he slowly starts to fall in love with her. What will happen when he finds out who she's related to?

This is a request from BuckeyeGirl2002. Thank you for your request!

Y/M/N means your mother's name.

I hope you enjoy!

Published: 9/4/2022 ———————————————

Word count: 2k
Warning: Mentions of death and murder

It's a rainy day in Muggle London. Severus Snape, the Potions Master of Hogwarts, has decided to go to this area in order to get away from everything - teaching, Death Eaters, nightmares...

He never seems to be able to catch a break. Maybe he will here where nobody knows him.

He notices a bookshop in the distance. He decides to stroll over there and heads inside in order to get away from the rain.

As he enters, he takes a deep breath. He already feels so much better. He's however startled when somebody approaches.

"Oh, I apologise, sir. I didn't mean to frighten you" the person says, looking apologetic.

Severus takes a look at them. It's a young woman, around his age. She must be the owner of the shop.

He clears his throat. "No need to apologise, I was merely lost in thought. I hope you don't mind me staying in here seeking shelter from the rain" he tells her, hoping she won't kick him out. He rather likes it here, and who knows - maybe he will buy a book or two.

The woman offers him a friendly smile. "Of course not, sir. Would you like a cup of tea?" she offers.

"Tea would indeed be nice" he mutters.

She gestures for him to follow her to a sitting area. It looks quite cozy with two armchairs and a small coffee table.

As he sits down, she leaves the front of the shop to brew some tea for them. A few minutes later, she returns with two cups.

"Here you go, would you like some sugar?" she asks as she grabs the small bowl of sugar.

Severus merely shakes his head as he blows on his tea, trying not to burn his tongue. She copies him, the two of them enjoying their hot drink in comfortable silence.

After a while, the woman decides to speak. "By the way, nice to meet you, sir. My name is Y/N Y/L/N" she tells him.

Severus takes a sip before answering her. "Pleasure to meet you as well. My name is Severus Snape" he replies, seeing no harm in telling her.

She smiles at him. "So, Mr. Snape, what do you do for a living? If you don't mind me asking" she says, looking at him curiously.

He sighs. "I'm a teacher. I decided to take a break by going for a trip to London. How lucky I was that the weather is so beautiful as it is" he sarcastically says, looking out the window to see it still raining.

She chuckles. "Well, a little rain shouldn't stop your small vacation. Do you like to read? You may read any book in my shop if you would like" she offers.

Severus nods. "Thank you... I have been looking for a new book anyway" he states.

He rises from his seat and looks at the many bookshelves to find a book to read. To his luck, he finds one that he hasn't read before. That usually doesn't happen as he has read almost every book that exists in the English language.