22. bittersweet

Elara
When Xavier stood up to Ruby he looked hot. He was hot and pissed off and I wanted to bite him. He's so beautiful. I lie on my stomach with my legs up admiring him while he paces back and forth "Love,what's wrong?" I ask him.
"Your the only woman I want," he states the obvious. "You are beautiful and the l don't want you to ever think different," he says his thumb stroking my cheek. I rest my face in his hands "thank you," I say kissing him. "Next time anyone talks to you the way Ruby did you slice their throat,ok?" I nod and wrap my arms around him. He does the same and we lay in our bed.

In the morning I'm woken by Dawn licking my cheek and Matteo  jumping on the bed. Once I open my eyes and sit up Matteo jumps into my lap. I hold him close to me as he tells me about the dreams he had last night. Xavier slowly wakes up he kisses me on my forehead and ruffles Matteos hair before taking his phone and making a call. He leaves closing the door behind him.

Xavier
I check my phone to see 4 miss calls from Faye. After giving Elara a kiss I immediately go to her. Faye is in her room,the door is wide open as if someone flung it open. I enter her room to see her on the floor with tears running down her cheeks. "Who did this?" I ask her. She shakes her head and I realise. Ares? "What happened?"
"He got angry with me and started wrecking the place,he went to the boys' room but I stopped him from hurting them,he," she moves her hair revealing the bruises on her neck. Darren comes running into the room "why'd you call?" He asks stopping when he sees the state Faye is in. "Was it Ares?" He asks his fists clenched together. She nods and I ask "shall I call the girls?" I refer to El and Sienna. She nods "tell them to bring the Matteo and Atticus," she says and I call El.

She immediately arrives with Sienna and the boys. Atticus sees the situation and takes Mateo to Romans and Kane's room. El closes the door and sits on the floor with Faye. "What happened?" She says wiping Faye's tears away. Faye tries to be strong,to keep hold of that leader mask but it slips when she talks. Her voice is broken and hoarse. "I told him that," she holds her stomach and me and Darren look at each other "what did he do to your stomach?" I ask now furious with him. Faye shakes her head and Sienna and Elara gasp as if they've figured something out. Faye nods her head and me and Darren are both confused.

"I told him I was pregnant and he ballistic with anger,he wasn't himself," she says cupping her stomach. I smile when I understand that she's pregnant. "Where is he?" Darren asks and she says "he said he's going to Italy,said there's work to be done and that I should get rid of her," Elara stands up and takes me and Darren outside of the room "both of you find that dickhead and bring him back,make him beg for mercy but if he doesn't you know what to do," she says and we both understand,I give her a last kiss before leaving with Darren. I can't believe my own brother would do something like this.

Me and Darren go to the meeting room where we have assembled a team of spies and assassins. As we are explaining what we will do the 3 blind mice come into the room-Antonio, Silas and Alice, who is munching on a croissant. They look around the room and realise this is serious. "Sorry sir," Alice says joining the team. Antonio joins too and so does Silas. Alice being the only woman is being stared at. All the team,the team of men are starring at her like a group of animals preying on their dinner. Silas notices and stands behind her in attempt to scare them off.

I clear my throat and all of the men avert their eyes to me "this is Alice Young the most important part of this mission she will be killing Ares,if it comes to that meaning she deserves your utmost respect,if it's not delivered then I'll deal with you dipshits myself," I say and Alice smiles appreciatively.

Elara
I return back to Faye's room and sit with her and Sienna. "What are they going to do?" She asks "they will find him and make him ask for forgiveness and if he doesn't he'll die," I tell her right there and then rather than telling her a half truth. She nods in understanding,she's the wife of the mafia capo and if he dies she'll be the capo and she'll be a good one. "So your having a girl?" Sienna asks and Faye tells us "yeah I am I didn't want to tell anyone until I knew the gender," she says and a possibility scares me. "Faye, did you go to the checkups by yourself?" I ask hoping I'm not right. She laughs "I did and I ignored that major red flag because I told him that I was pregnant a few months ago but only now," she runs a hand along her face now getting pissed "now that I told him that it's a girl he wants me to get rid of her," Sienna covers her mouth and shakes her head "que pedazo de mierda!" (what a piece of shit)

My phone rings it's Alice. I answer it. "Hi." She says and I reply. "Ok so we have found Ares and he's not following through," "Xavier wanted me to ask Faye before I kill him." She says I look at Faye who takes the phone from me "kill him,make sure a female does it." She orders Alice who says "yes ma'am I'll do it myself," she says before ending the call.

Faye takes a deep breath before breaking down in Sienna's arms. Sienna holds her close causing Faye to flinch because of her bruises. "Run the bath El," she tells me as she examines the bruises.

We take Faye into the bath she strips showing us her bruises. I turn around to give her privacy she laughs "it's ok kid," she climbs into the bath carefully. Me and Sienna wait outside the bathroom that's all we can do,wait. "Go check on the kids especially Roman and Kane," she tells me and I go. I open the door to Kane's room where all the boys are sat on the floor playing with toys all apart from Roman and Atticus. Those two are the oldest so I talk to them first "hi boys," I say and they reply "hi aunt El." I sit next to them and Atticus says quietly "are they going to kill him," I nod and he gathers all the boys so that they are surrounding me. "So boys, listen up your uncle Ares will no longer be coming home," I tell them and they look at each other confused.

"He's going up to the big guy," I tell them and Atticus laughs. "They know what death is," I smile remembering Mateo did kill someone with the help of them. "He's dead," Atticus says and they all kinda say "ohh." Mateo asks me "why did he die?" I chose my words carefully "because he hurt someone and we should never hurt good people especially not women," I tell them. "Also you guys will have another person to play with soon," Kane asks "will it be a boy or a girl?" I answer "a girl."

100k I'm so happy rn and shocked wow!
you guys are amazing