🇳🇬 | Chapter 004

Unlike me who at least once knew her parents, Chuchu was abandoned from birth and was raised completely by the nuns.

Whoever left her must have been in a hurry and didn't realise there was a colony of soldier ants in the grass around. Her otherwise beautiful skin is still covered in tiny scars.

Is that what you found weird? You never specified. She was my friend from the moment we met.

She protected me, shared everything she had and lifted me from the despair of being an only child with dead parents.

Even now when I look at her, I remember seeing her sitting alone in the orphanage the first day I got there, she looked as alone as I felt. Dele, would you have even met me at all if not for her? We came to this Lagos together and survived the hardships as a team.

We are so close I know what she is thinking sometimes before she says anything. Thank God I didn't listen to you, I would have been left with nothing if I did. Chuchu might be weird but she was right about you being wrong for me.

The first year we were married, it was not obvious to me. The many times your uncle would sit in our space and admonish us. You always stood up for me.

"You people should start now, so that your children will grow with you.

" I'm sure I don't need to tell you that I never liked that your so-called Uncle Fimihan. I tolerated him, because people like us that don't have parents collect any family we can find to represent us, so we won't suffer too much in this world without the protection we have lost."

" This uncle might as well have been found on the roadside based on how useless he was, but I didn't complain about him coming over once a month to eat all the meat in my soup and imply that I was barren"

"By next year, my wife will be pregnant. Please don't put us underpressure."

"My friend keep shut. I am the only one here since your father, my brother died. All the other relatives ran away. Until your mother succumbed to cancer, I helped train you and your brothers. I want to see my grandchildren, Dele, it's the least you owe me."

"Haba Uncle, please take it easy on my wife, she's just twenty-six. We are not even in a hurry to end our honeymoon."

The way you defended me always got me excited. I couldn't wait for him to leave so we could be naked. I craved the sensation of your dick sliding into me, filling me up with your semen.

Uncle Fimihan didn't need to beg me to carry your seed. You knew how much I loved children.

Maybe it's because I was an only child, and you were not. The fact that I did not have a close blood relation in this wretched life was the saddest thing for me. It was another reason why I married early.

I was going to have at least four children. I was young, and I was working hard, saving every kobo and investing what was left.

You and I opened a special account with UBA for our future children's future. I was patient, I knew it was only a matter of time before my life would be complete.

Who knew that it would all end like this? In our second year of our marriage, my doctor friend came up with a suggestion that I refused at first.

"Orode, you are a hard worker and you are smart. More than that you love children and you are kind. I will recommend you for nursing school. It's just three years, why not give it a try?"

I told her that it is that issue of children that won't allow me commit to three years of schooling. I got a good enough education with the nuns at St Ann's, and my WAEC had carried me this far.