055 - I Fucked Up.

(055 - I Fucked Up)

A whole lot of emotions in this chapter y'all. Hold your Kleenex 🤧💔.

𝐇𝐈𝐋𝐀𝐑𝐘(Hilary Idara Eghosa)

𝐇𝐈𝐋𝐀𝐑𝐘
(Hilary Idara Eghosa)

Oh Shit!

My heart was pounding furiously against my ribcage, about to burst out from my chest and my head was spinning in circles until I started feeling so dizzy. I feared I was going to drop to the ground, unconscious, but this wasn't the time to faint. I couldn't even faint.

I was frozen to the ground, rendered completely immobile by Jidenna's sudden outburst.

What the fück does he think he is doing?

Safe for the barely audible curious whispers between my classmates, the silence that plagued the hallway was deafening and aggravating. I could literally hear my heartbeat echoing through the vast space, and I could feel everyone's eyes on me boring holes into every part of my skin.

It made me sick.

All I wanted to do right there and then was walk out of the hallway like Jidenna and everyone weren't there like they didn't exist. The last thing I wanted was to give my classmates the drama they desperately craved. The last thing I wanted was to be the one at the center of it all, again.

But no matter how much I tried to continue walking, I couldn't bring myself to. Instead, my legs having a mind of their own, slowly turned around to face Jidenna...

To face the majority of my classmates standing in the hallway, watching us with utmost curiosity.

I was caught in between.

Jidenna was standing a good distance away from me but not far enough for me to see him, not far enough for me to see every expression that crossed his face, every emotion that crossed his eyes. I could see his fidgety demeanor, his forlorn and depressed expression, and the plea in his eyes as he stared back at me.

"What the fuck, Jidenna,"

I couldn't stop myself from muttering, and due to the quietness of the hallway, my voice was loud enough for everyone to hear.

He started walking towards me – slowly, his hands held up in surrender, as if he was trying to tell me that he meant no harm. It was so ironic when all he has done for the past three months was harm me... hurt me.

"Please... hear me out." He was pleading, begging.

Tears had welled up in his eyes, falling in small beads, and it annoyed me to the core that I couldn't look or walk away from this. No matter how much I tried, I couldn't bring myself to.