056- The Awakening

(056 - The Awakening)

Song of the chapter: Devil Doesn't Bargain by Alec Benjamin.

I don't know why this song came to my mind when I titled the chapter. Then as I was writing, I realized that the song really embodies the first part of this chapter, majorly Jidenna's POV. I'm sure you'll understand what I mean when you read.

Plus, I love Alec Benjamin 😌✨.

Oh! And we are at 90k Views and 25k Votes😩🔥! Okruu! Thank you guys so much for being here from the beginning to now. I love y'all (except Haliyah 😑) Demmers for life🔥🔥 (if you know, you know🌚)

𝐉𝐈𝐃𝐄𝐍𝐍𝐀(Jidenna Leo Okojie)

𝐉𝐈𝐃𝐄𝐍𝐍𝐀
(Jidenna Leo Okojie)

TK's eyes were blazing red as he stared between Adela and me with utmost disdain. So red that I wasn't sure if it was because he was angry, or because he was possibly high. And the probability of him being high on school grounds was seventy-five percent so I won't put that past him at all.

Either way, it wasn't looking good.

Adela pulled away slightly, stepping away from me a little bit to create ample space between us, and I was grateful that she could feel the rising tension in the room. Somehow, I felt that she wasn't doing it because she wanted to. She was doing it because she didn't want to put me in an awkward position with TK.

But personally, I wasn't exactly thrilled that TK had interrupted. Especially since he was glaring hard at Adela like she brutally murdered his cat or destroyed his most expensive Nikes. He was looking at her as if he wanted to bury her six feet under with just his eyes.

I didn't like it. At All.

"TK," I called his name, trying to make him tear his gaze away from Adela and look at me. It worked, because he looked right at me, eyebrows tugged up.

"Care to explain what's going on here?" His eyes darted between the dark-skinned girl and me as he asked - no, demanded from me.

Before I could respond, Adela scoffed out a humorless laugh, shaking her head.

"I can't be here for this," She muttered, more to herself than to us but due to the quietness of the room, we could hear.

Before I could think deeply about what her statement must have meant, she looked up at me, and with a small smile tugged at the corners of her lips, she said, "I have to go. I'll call you,"

"Yes, GET OUT!"

My eyes widened automatically at that sudden snap from TK.

"Tekena!–"