Dressed and Prepped

The trip was terrifying since they didn't know where they were going. None of his pack had ever been in a vehicle before, so a few of them got motion sickness from the swaying.

Eventually, Lucas woke up. His eyes frantically searched the group until his sight rested on Teru.

He mumbled something, but it couldn't be heard with the loud engine in the background. He passed out again.

Time went by before the truck stopped to let them do their private business in the bushes. The humans' hands remained bound behind their backs. When Teru was released from the hogtie, his muscles throbbed from being in the same position for so long. They didn't have to worry about him fighting back though—he was tired from the truck's stuffiness. It was sweltering in there.

Teru peeked through a rusty hole. More cars of all sizes had joined them on the road. In the distance were shimmering structures touching the evening sky. He thought such things only existed in picture books. 

Skyscrapers.

It was a city.

The truck approached a high, barbwire gate. The drivers talked with the guards. The huge doors opened. They zoomed by walking people. It was difficult to tell from the vehicle's speed, but he swore he saw chains attached to their necks.

The truck slowed down at another black gate. It was much fancier with lights, plants, and shooting water from the ground. Long cars were lined up in front of a giant building, waiting to drop off the people inside. Instead of joining that line, they drove around the back.

"What's happening?" someone dared to whisper. No one could say.

When the engine shut off, everyone perked up with anticipation. The back doors swung open. A new vampire in black clothes inspected the dirty humans with a flashlight. He and the two drivers exchanged words and pointed at Teru. The light shined on him, and it blinded his eyesight.

"Everyone out!" he barked. The humans didn't move. They were petrified.

The bloodsucker scoffed in annoyance. He snapped his fingers. Suddenly, a flood of other vampires came into the truck. Teru's pack members cried at being yanked up and thrown down the truck's steep drop to the ground. The lights from the metal poles flickered above them. They looked at it in a trance. This was their first time seeing electricity.

"In a line!"

They stumbled and crawled around as told, but it wasn't fast enough. The vampire kicked a beta in the stomach. "Faster!"

Once in a crooked line, the vampires blindfolded them. Lucas leaned back and grasped the bottom of Teru's shirt. He was trying to comfort him, but the alpha was shaking like a leaf. Both of them were.

They were herded inside. The temperature was suddenly warm. And the smell...what was this? It was a mixture of sweet, musk, sweat, and rut pheromones from alphas. Teru could tell there were many alphas here, given their unique scents. It was suffocating to his sensitive nose. What was this place?

Then the sounds came. People were crying. Some were laughing. There were lustful moans. Snaps from whips cracked through the hallways.

"Stop!"

Their blindfolds were jerked off.

"Betas in the front!" Twelve betas were ushered through a grey door. Teru looked inside before it closed. He saw many normal humans of all ages on a big stage with seated spectators watching them.

The remaining people were roughly pushed forward. A few hallways away, they stopped in front of a more posh door. It was shiny and gold. The vampire pressed the button on the wall. It made a buzzing sound. The door opened to reveal another bloodsucker with a mask that covered the top half of his face. His mask had shiny sparkles and black feathers. "How many?"