Blood Donor

[2.5 hours earlier]

"I need you to find the whereabouts of someone for me." Kieran held out a piece of paper to Blaise, who had some connections, a.k.a. lovers, that worked at the same auction house in Nashville. After Teru had told him a name and description, he wrote it down so he wouldn't forget. "This human was sold the night we went. Premium floor."

He hated that the omega begged for this. He didn't want to help. At all. A human alpha wouldn't pose as a threat to him, but it was the principle behind it.

On the other hand, Kieran understood his plea to find the missing pack member. It was a bond that the prideful vampire never experienced—being part of a pack.

When Lucas was brought up, he thought, Am I not enough?

Kieran wanted to push Teru down, make him submit, and forget everyone else.

But he couldn't do that. He also knew Teru had never "slept around." It was the blood hunger talking since it made him unnecessarily hostile. The last time he drank was four months ago, maybe? The only way to continue forward with this request was to get blood.

The drag queen was perplexed as he stared at the note being offered to him. Kieran never asked for favors; it was part of his personality. "I'll do it because I owe you one, darling. Is there a reason?"

"My omega wants to know. They were pack mates."

"Oooh, the tea. A boyfriend?"

Kieran gave him a warning look. So typical. "Just tell me when you know."

Blaise took the paper and put it in his pink fur coat, making him close enough to breathe in Kieran's scent. His amber eyes sparkled with interest, standing out against the thick layer of makeup he wore. "By the way," he whispered in Kieran's ear. "Your pheromones are all over the place. I can smell it on you—the desire, the pent-up frustration, the lust. I'm enjoying watching you squirm with need. Does that sweet scent you carry on you belong to that omega? Have you tasted him yet? I long to know everything about your forbidden relationship."

Oh, boy. Blaise was turning into Lust. Occasionally, when the siblings detected their sin on something new and arousing, it can overwhelm them. If their original selves truly took over from overstimulation, they'd go on a rampage and slaughter everyone who smelled like their sin. Thankfully, none of the seven have regressed to that state in a while since they kept each other in check.

Who was the last one to go on a murder spree? I think it was Wrath, during our takeover. That was messy.

For Blaise to smell the plum-scented lust on his older brother must've been exciting since Kieran had basically gone celibate countless years before. If this didn't stop now, the youngest would start killing everyone—vampires and humans—that stank of the lewd emotion.

The only way to talk to Lust was to say sweet nothings back. "If you find that alpha for me in the next two hours, I'll reveal every single detail," Kieran murmured back.

Please take the bait.

Lust smiled wickedly from ear to ear. "I'll make some calls."

Hopefully, that'll distract Blaise. They separated to do their tasks.

He took the elevator to the donor floor. A human who wanted protection from being sold as a slave could either choose to be a servant or a blood donator. In exchange, they had to disclose the location of their pack.

A donor's care was decent here since they were tested for diseases, given a proper diet, and had more freedom than a servant.

Most of the captured humans were so malnourished that their blood couldn't sustain a vampire for long. Thus, many of his kind chose the volunteers as their main food source rather than constantly buying new blood slaves.