Health Inspection

Kieran couldn't believe Teru saw him in that weakened state. Getting sick was a very private ordeal for him.

I told him to stay. Can't he follow what I say for once? I don't want to use my pheromones every time to get him to listen.

He spent a good while pacing between the second bedroom and living room, deciding whether or not he should say sorry. There was no reason to be nervous, yet he was. Who knew apologizing to an upset omega would be so daunting? To avoid admitting he was at fault, Kieran got the idea to tell him his friend's whereabouts to get on Teru's good side again.

But Kieran hadn't foreseen him going into full grieving mode. Was that other alpha really that important to react like this? Humans were fickle creatures. If one of his siblings died, he wouldn't feel anything.

I don't get it.

Telling him about Lucas seemed to work in the long run when Teru unknowingly scent marked his head to get rid of Eun-bin's scent.

"That's not something I'd do."

He almost laughed at the denial. "Well, just in case you want to know, we have volunteer donors who offer their blood. That's why my eyes were green earlier."

A flurry of emotions flashed across Teru's face when he confirmed he drank from a beta—shock, confusion, jealousy, anger, annoyance...

How was it humanly possible to show that many expressions at once? Still, this reaction pleased Kieran. It meant he didn't like someone else touching him.

Teru's body temperature increased. His pheromones were spicier than usual, like a chef adding more cinnamon to a sweet dessert.

What are you thinking of to react this way? Or maybe it's from stress?

A human could only take so much. Kieran placed the covers over him. "I'll be in the other room. Do you want the door open or closed?" Honestly, the prince didn't want to leave, feeling overprotective and uneasy.

Teru muttered, "Open."

"Okay. Also, you have a doctor's appointment. He specializes in humans."

"Mhm."

"And once I have clearance to take you out in public without a collar, we have to go shopping for—are you listening?"

Teru was already asleep.

It couldn't be helped. Before retiring to bed himself, Kieran sat on the couch and sighed heavily, worn out as the adrenaline rush went away.

The vampire eyed the mess around the room—the blood, hair, strips of torn clothing, and scratched-up floor. There was a body outside, too. He'd have to make sure all of this was cleaned up before Teru woke up, as well as updating the lock. There shouldn't be any reminders of what happened.

Dealing with Tristan was going to be complicated from here on out. Now that Envy knew Teru was here, he was going to do anything possible to get his filthy paws on him.

The alpha in Kieran was still overstimulated. It wanted to hide his omega forever from all threats that kept piling up.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Teru was in his pack's forest. He was crawling away from something.

"Come here, omega," a familiar voice taunted. He felt a hand grab his ankle. It dragged him back, the twigs and thorns on the ground scratching his belly. A heavy body rested on his back. He tried looking to see who it was.

A lemony scent covered everything around them. Tristan. How did he find his home? The others were in danger!

Teru whimpered. A hand snaked around his throat, giving full access to his neck. "Ready?" Tristan asked him. What did he mean by that? Ready for what?