Monsters Are Real

Instead of replying or reacting like any other normal human would, Teru stared. If they could project the racing thoughts in his head outside, everyone would see several numbers and mini clips of memories flashing around. There was something oddly familiar about this vampire, about those amber eyes.

Blaise tapped one of his pointy nails on Teru's forehead, slightly amused by his silence. "Hello? Do you remember me, you tiny thing? And don't furrow your eyebrows. You'll get nasty wrinkles early on in your mortal life."

Teru continued to analyze their scent, frantically opening every mental box to find where he had smelled it before.

Blaise leaned down closer. Teru could feel their breath tickle his lips. "I want to know what you're thinking. Why don't you let me in? I'm curious about why everyone is talking about you."

Let me in...

Teru found the box he had been desperately searching for. It was when he was in heat and Kieran was entering his rut:

The door pushed inward, slamming into Kieran's face and Teru's side. Blaise's sin wanted to join. "Let me in, big brother," Lust cooed.

Teru clung onto Kieran's leg and buried his face into the sweatpants, whimpering from the bruise that would show later from being smacked with a heavy door.

Like a viper, Teru sank his teeth into Blaise's hand. He felt a crunch of bone. Blaise let go and seethed, "The same freaking spot, too, where your damned owner almost bit my perfect finger off!"

As he complained, Teru lurched forward, but his legs had enough of the week's stress from getting over his dominant influence, having too much of his blood sucked at one time, and running around this god-forsaken place. When was the last time he had a proper rest?

His two limbs tumbled, landing on all fours on the carpeted floor.

As he crawled away, Blaise grabbed him by the back of his shirt's scruff and hoisted him in the air like a bad puppy. Don't let his chic wardrobe consisting of a bright red suit and black heels fool you into thinking Blaise was weak; he was scary strong. Teru gasped at how nonchalant he was, lifting him with just his pointer finger and thumb.

Teru's feet weren't touching the ground. He kicked and punched, but it was no use hanging there—he wasn't a match for a dominant alpha, let alone a deadly sin who was the strongest of the strong. Even his inner omega had respect for their genes.

"Let go, you bloodsucker!" he growled, bringing back the slur he no longer called Kieran.

He grinned, showing his bedazzled fangs. "Okay, first off, I go by Blaise. Aaaaand you remember! Amazing! There are not many who can recall such distant memories during their heat. Their first heat, at that. I can tell you're the innocent type when sober but absolutely nasty under the bedsheets. I smelled it from my quick visit."

Teru's cheeks and ears reddened. The way this vamp talked about something so intimate with someone he didn't know was distasteful.

"You can tell me all about it, you know. I can give you pointers as the expert of sex. Have you tried sucking his test—"

"Stop! Just stop!" Teru yelled, covering his face from sheer embarrassment.

"Shh!" Blaise hissed. He smelled the air, much more serious now. "Tristan is still on this floor. And I am not in the mood to fight him today, or any other day, that tart swine. Just where exactly were you trying to go? Surely not here, alone, without Kieran. He wouldn't let you come here over his dead body without an escort...and a collar."

Teru bit his bottom lip. He didn't know what side Blaise was on, if vampires even had sides. Did he really intend on helping him, or was he going to have his way with the sole omega?