Chapter 73 : Baby Steps

Season 3 : Chapter 17

Three days have  passed in normalcy among the Class-D camp....In these three days, nothing too significant took place for the "Defective" class. Ibuki Mio, the spy of Class-C, looked disappointed and bummed at first, after losing her camera but she kept her displeasure to herself and kept herself isolated from the entire class.

Even if she wanted to create a commotion inside the camp in order to get a chance of figuring out the leader, or even stealing the card, unfortunately for the blue haired girl of Class-C, she was being surveyed 24/7 under the narrowed gazes of Karuizawa, Shinohara as well as Satou who did not give the girl any leeway to do anything suspicious.

One thing which was quite  different in comparison to the past was the presence of one Kushida Kikyou in this entire scenario.

After the  third day of the exam, it was as if she completely ditched her group of 'friends' and continuously flocked around Kiyotaka and Suzune with her ever present 'angelic' smile.

This decision of hers, made her friends sad, lonely and even to some point, a few of them felt 'betrayed', but that's how Kushida's friendship unfortunately worked. It was all about Quantity but never about Quality.

 However what was more surprising was the fact that, despite finding her presence annoying and bothersome, both the Leader and Co-Leader of Class-D didn't go out of their way to reprimand the beige haired girl for being a nuisance or even tell her to not disturb them.

Both of them just stayed......silent, completely ignoring Kushida's presence, as if she was a fly on the wall.

Day 6, Time : 8.04 P.M.

It was the Final day of the The 1st Special Exam of this school. Most of the students of Class-D looked bored, exhausted and tired as they couldn't wait to go back to their ship and take a well deserved rest after all this hassle.

Their initial excitement of camping together and having fun appeared to deplete as it kind of became their regular routine for this last week.

Chabashira-Sensei, who just finished the final roll call of the exam started walking back to the teacher's area, not before sending one last glance to the Leader of Class-D, who looked back at her with an unreadable, emotionless expression, refusing to let out anything which is on his mind.

Sighing to herself, Chabashira weakly smiled at her student before walking away from the camp.

 As soon as she was gone, Hirata Yosuke walked towards the direction of Kiyotaka, with his harem following every single step of his, like loyal puppies.

"Ayanokouji-kun, tonight is your duty to take the night shift. However all of us agree that you have worked way too hard for us these last couple of days. So, you can take a rest and I can guard the camp for you."

Before Kiyotaka could respond to his words, Shinohara walked in front of him with a slightly annoyed look on her face, all the while crossing her arms over her breasts.

"Although, I don't like the fact that Hirata-kun will have to stay overnight instead of getting his beauty sleep, I have to agree that you need a well deserved rest, Ayanokouji-kun."

Hirata's harem nodded along with her words as Kiyotaka couldn't help but slightly widen his eyes in surprise at the sight in front of him.