Meeting: Part 1

"You do not have to go, little one."

Teru finished putting on his outfit-a cream-colored turtleneck sweater, black slacks, mint green beret hat, and leather dress shoes. He was getting much better at dressing himself coherently thanks to some vampire fashion magazines Kieran gave him. Seeing all the different textures and colors was interesting, especially when all his pack owned were decades-old hand-me-downs, resewn until they couldn't be patched anymore. The finishing touch to the get-up was when he placed his silver ring under his shirt, hanging from the chain. Perfect.

The high-collared sweater added a few bonus points by hiding his love bites from the day prior. The alpha attempted to lick them away this morning, but it would take a while longer to heal completely.

He knew Kieran was uneasy about this meeting. The original intent was for Teru to meet the king and the other sins for the first time, but the situation changed after receiving the black rose. It became a dominant alpha-pissing contest because half of them wanted a taste of the elusive omega.

"But the note was for you and me." Teru tried his best to be casual by not wavering his voice, despite being anxious and terrified.

"I'm aware, but I read humans need months, maybe years, before confronting their trauma."

Was that why there was a psychology textbook on Kieran's nightstand? Teru has caught him skimming through it late at night sometimes. It was nice to know that he cared about his mental health, but the show must go on whether he was ready or not.

Teru grabbed his black collar from the table and held it out to Kieran. "Can you put this on?"

Before I change my mind and go to my nest, where it's safe.

Kieran locked the accursed strap in place to protect his nape. There would be a lot of alphas out and about. Though Teru didn't experience any heat symptoms today, they needed to be vigilant.

But if he marks you, you don't need the collar, his inner omega said. Damn, ever since yesterday, his gender bothered him non-stop about it, like a pup that saw something it just had to have and didn't shut up about it to their parents.

Teru wanted to get this over with quickly. Rip it off like a bandaid. He unlocked the door, but the handle jammed again. After moving to this new penthouse, they noticed it was broken. Even for Kieran, it was difficult, let alone a weaker human. There hasn't been time to fix it.

"It's doing that thing-" Teru said, interrupted when Kieran grabbed him by the shoulders to turn him around. He pinned him against the door with his hips, pressing their crotches together. Kieran cupped his jawline and leaned closer so Teru could get a better view of his worried crimson eyes. Teru wanted to ask what he was up to until Kieran released a strong wave of mint pheromones, covering every fiber of their clothes with it. This was dangerous because it could trigger his cycle to begin.

"Open your mouth." There were no authoritative pheromones forcing him to listen. Kieran wanted to see what he would do by giving him the option.

Curious, he parted his freshly chapsticked lips and closed his eyes. Taking it as permission to continue, Kieran's tongue entered his mouth, exploring every nook and cranny. Teru gripped the alpha's shirt, all too aware of the flexing muscles that could take him any second if he wanted to. It tasted like mint because they had brushed their teeth minutes before.

Mint.

Mint.

Mint.

His chest shuddered when he inhaled the masculine scent, making his brain slightly hazy. Yep, this was so dangerous! Their lips closed against the other before opening again to twist their tongues together. Teru knew he was a terrible kisser because of his lack of experience, but Kieran didn't mind taking the lead. Leading was natural for an alpha to do, anyway. Hearing the wet kissing sounds made his ears heat up.