Meeting: Part 2

Abaddon's eye twitched, no doubt holding in his anger. Teru inhaled thick, scentless air. Were these his pheromones? The consistency was the same as pheromones, but where was the unique scent all alphas had? Although it didn't smell of anything, the pressure weighing down on Teru's shoulders was immense. It demanded his submission. He needed to crawl on his hands and knees toward the ultimate dominant alpha, lick his military boots, and beg for forgiveness.

His bitter pheromones wanted to explode.

Not here, not here, his inner monologue panicked. In the presence of all these royal alphas, that would be comparable to pissing his pants from fear.

Everyone watched Abaddon with wary caution, none more so than Kieran. Dr. Charles was also stiff, having no issues fighting the man responsible for burning down his hospital and life's work so long ago if it came down to it. Defending an omega that wasn't his would be an excuse to have a go at him.

A soothing aroma blanketed the entire floor. It was flowery; a rose, maybe? There were smells that were psychologically proven to calm the nerves, and this must be one of them. Queen Lilith never spoke, but her wise eyes demanded them to settle down; this was her court.

It worked on Abaddon. The clear, scentless gas dissipated. "Still untrained, I see." He turned his attention elsewhere. "Lust."

"Your Majesty?" Blaise responded.

"Share your reports about the import and export data for this quarter."

"I, er, yes, uh," he stuttered, lost for words. Blaise, the vampire who always had a witty comeback or snarky response, was stunned. All the deadly sins were because they thought their stepfather would try to kill the out-of-line omega. No one insulted the king and got away with it unharmed.

Blaise opened his matching pink briefcase and pulled out a stack of papers. He put on a pair of gold reading glasses. "We saw our gross domestic product..."

As they discussed economics, immigration, and other subjects Teru couldn't follow along with, questions bombarded his mind. What was that? He wasn't going to punish him? Just like that? Why did the queen help him again? The crazy ex-angel literally tore Tristan's ear off for not following the attendance routine, which was still on the floor!

Something wasn't right.

Kieran took part in the discussion but didn't let his guard down. From the corner of his eye, Teru saw him studying Abaddon with trepidation. They both thought the same thing-this was suspicious.

The next hour was tediously long. His feet hurt from standing in the same place. Government-related stuff on this scale was not his forte. Whenever the next topic arose, Blaise was ready with his research papers and graphs. It didn't suit his image, but he was surprisingly professional when it came to Avania's behind-the-scenes. There were some arguments, particularly about the missing money from the treasury. Ashantee, the Greed sin, was unconvincingly adamant she didn't take it. She kept asking for backup from Koko, but Sloth rarely woke up.

"Before we finish, I have two announcements," the king said. "First is regarding one of my omegas. Ravi is two days overdue, so Wrath will induce him in the maternity wing when I dismiss you-"

Dr. Charles sat up at the news. "I'm going to what? Why am I finding out about this now?" The physician mumbled how he hated these sorts of things pushed on him without notice.

Abaddon ignored the complaints. "Wrath will induce Ravi today," he repeated to confirm the plans. "Pray for an omega pup. I'm hopeful since I borrowed the sire from a winning alpha breeder in Texas."