Event: Part 1

"Pull on the leash twice when you see your friend. If I don't feel your signal, I'll assume he's not in the room and I'll move on," Blaise told him.

The elevator stopped. The odor was the first thing Teru noticed when the doors opened, showing a vast, high-ceilinged room that was unusually plain compared to Abaddon's decor preferences. It didn't smell of anything besides pheromones and liquor. Was this really that bastard's sex-crazed event he's heard so much about?

Vampires, humans, alphas, betas, omegas, aristocrats, servants, and blood slaves bustled inside. Some were laughing, some were crying. Others were already drunk from the long buffet of expensive blood-infused wines. Surprisingly, there wasn't anything insane. Teru literally believed he'd see bodies littering the floor like confetti. There were only groups of high-ranking vamps with their blood slaves, talking about anything casual to politics. The one thing that prevented Teru from thinking this was anything but a normal party were the slaves' outfits-similar to his own, except more revealing. Being naked would be better for them, honestly!

The people closest to the elevator gawked the seventh deadly sin with caution, knowing who he was. Blaise stepped forward, leash in hand. It snagged on Teru's throat because he remained where he was, frozen in the moving box that would soon close its sliding doors.

"I-I-I can't," he whispered. The crowd was too big. They'd see his body wearing nothing but flimsy straps.

"Didn't I fucking say to move your slut hole when I tell you to, omega?" Blaise hissed, expression cold and dangerous. This momentarily shocked Teru at the sudden switch in personality. Blaise's eyes flickered quickly to the side at the vampires watching their every move.

Oh, I see. He's acting.

With the attention on them, neither could afford to break character. Teru mustered up the courage for Lucas's sake, see him, and make his exit within the hour.

The master and his borrowed omega bypassed the curious partygoers. Guessing by their stinky pheromones aimed at him, they were dying to get a taste of his flesh. Teru kept his gaze down, but he didn't need to look around to know everyone was staring like predators. He was like a prime deer in a meadow, hunters hiding in the forest with their rifles. Wasn't this too conspicuous? Too out in the open? What if they ran into Kieran?

They moved to the corner. Blaise pretended not to give a shit about the boring discussions. Thank heavens the others were too scared to approach Lust, only bowing when they passed him. As they waited, this gave Teru a chance to inconspicuously observe the guests and their scents. He would glance between their grinding bodies, trying to peer into the horde of perverts and murderers. There wasn't lavender here.

After ten minutes, Blaise veered them to a white door labeled 'PRIVATE.' The hallway beyond it was narrower and darker. Besides a few yellow-collared servants transporting food, there was no one else present. Was it safe to talk now?

"Where are we?" Teru asked.

"A private exit to another ballroom. It's better to use this system than walk in the public eye, where everyone can see you and spread the news that the last human omega has attended with someone not his original owner."

Blaise opened a random door no special to the others. The scents attacked his nose.

Alcohol.

Sweat.

Pheromones.

Sex.

Rut.

Heat.

The thick elixir of pheromones, all ranging from fear to pleasure, almost caused him to release his bitter scent in response. He tried his best to hold it in.