Contract

Teru shoved the smartphone in his gown pocket and watched the TV. That bastard appeared, still in the same position as when the speech began. He was excited, huffing like a pervert.

"-male omega was sold at an auction house in Nashville, Tennessee. This rare human has swept the world by storm, making headlines in almost every country."

My existence is that shocking?

"Presidents, monarchs, and many influential vampires have sent countless requests to Prince Kieran for a chance to breed him, but to no avail. After months and months, most gave up because of his lack of response to the inquiries. I am happy to announce a change in this omega's availability."

Abaddon held up a paper for the camera to see. It zoned in on the words and lion stamp.

"How did he get a copy of your auction receipt?" Charles asked. Kieran waved to shush him.

"This is Pride's proof that he owns the last omega," the king pinched the center and ripped it in half, tossing the shreds to the floor indifferently, "and now it is not. It's been voided under breach of contract." There was a gasp from the viewers in the room.

Kieran gestured for him to come. Teru didn't need to be told twice. He got off the bed, but his ankle rolled on the slippery tiles. Before he tumbled to the ground, Kieran scooped and cradled him.

Abaddon held a familiar ring with a crane bird design in his right hand. How-?! Where-?! When did Teru lose it?! That was his! He wildly recalled carrying Blaise's small bag containing the ring and his own cellphone. He had it as they were finding Lucas, but what about after he showed up? No, Teru didn't have the purse in the dusty hallway.

I must've dropped it when Lucas surprised me. Someone found it.

"With the aid of my stepdaughter, Princess Sofia, we discovered this piece of jewelry. You see, it had once belonged to my most precious blood slave, the human omega gifted to me by Japan's emperor 25 years ago to maintain close, political relations. As many of you remember, Ryoma Kurokawa was part of the last batches of omegas to be born almost five decades ago. He came from a long line, carefully bred to perfection. Their sole purpose was to be beautiful with flawless genetics, and listen to their owner's every order. Ryoma was Avania's crown jewel, our hope in bringing back a gender on the brink of extinction. You were all devastated when my favorite harem slave ran away while heavily pregnant. We couldn't find him, and we believed he and his unborn pup had perished in the untamed wilderness."

"I remember that," Quinn said.

"We need to go. Now. Right now." Kieran bounded out the door and through the hallway. There were several flat-screen televisions mounted on the walls, put there to broadcast anything announced by the rulers. The vampire's shocking speech mocked at them as Kieran entered the staircase, hurrying down the skyscraper's spiral steps. It was ridiculous that TVs were here, too!

A couple of cries sniffled in the background. Abaddon faked sad tears. "Do not fret. I have the most wonderful news! Prince Kieran found Ryoma's missing baby, who somehow survived living with a feral human pack. A DNA test confirmed that this omega is his heir. Teru had Ryoma's pure silver ring in his possession, a symbol of the Kurokawa's. It was only crafted for deserving individuals in this now-dead family."

In his left hand, he had a stack of old, crinkled papers. "I searched and recovered my contract with Japan's late emperor. Under section two, paragraph three, it is stated that all descendants of Ryoma Kurokawa are owned by me exclusively. No exceptions."

Teru was deadweight in Kieran's grasp, stunned. His mind blanked, not able to process what he just heard. Mom and Dad were adoptive parents? Hina wasn't his real sister? His biological mother was a prestigious blood slave? Who was the father, then? Why didn't anyone in the pack say anything and kept it a secret?