Love Yourself

Their large paws were eerily silent as they crept towards him. It was ominous seeing the kind people who had added him to their group, now wallowed in fear to retaliate against their Master. Teru saw Tae-soo's blood oozing from the whip lashes, saturating his beautiful fur. The silver element had made it difficult for the wounds to heal. It must be painful! They all were in pain, physically and mentally.

This was not how a pack should be run. Even Nolan did a better job than this! These beaten werewolves had forgotten what it was like to be truly free. Zander likely remembered, since he was recently kenneled ten years ago. But for Tae-soo, who had been here the longest since puphood? For almost a century? No, he wouldn't know the dynamics of a pack life. According to his story, it sounded like his life before in Korea had neglected his basic needs. Tae-soo could've been an amazing leader if he had been brought up correctly, but...

They needed a more suitable person to lead them.

That peculiar instinct returned within Teru; not the virtue, nor his new motherly intuition. For a moment, he forgot about the dangerous situation coming right at him.

The encouraging whisper beckoned him to the meadow in his mind, dotted with colorful wildflowers reaching up to his knees. The warm wind wisped across his naked body, while charcoal clouds above rolled in to suggest a summer shower. Teru saw the black wolf with a white spot on its nape stand up. It turned away to walk further into the open field. The wolf looked back at him, waiting for him to catch up.

Feeling an impulse to get a closer look at the beast, he ran after it. The plants tickled his legs. The scent grew stronger, reminding him of someone.

It smells...like me? Am I going crazy?

No, Teru wasn't crazy. Brown sugar laced with cinnamon became thicker with every step. Ahead, the wolf finally stopped in the center of a heavily flowered section of the endless meadow. The scene with the black animal peppered with a rainbow of petals on its fur would make an amazing painting.

Teru finally caught up with it, catching his breath. He was finally able to get a good look at the wolf that had been sleeping in the distance for weeks. It was big, taller than him by a few hand-spans. Oddly enough, Teru didn't hesitate, nor was he scared. It felt like an old friend that had always been with him. He went closer.

Teru moved slightly to adjust his stance, as did the wolf. Huh? He tilted his head in confusion. The large animal moved its head, too, simultaneously. The movements were the same as his, a carbon copy. They stared at each other. Its eyes were a soft brown, identical to his own. Then, he realized their pheromones were the same scent-brown sugar.

The realization of what this was almost made him cry.

This is me.

Seeing his recently discovered alternate form in the flesh was breathtaking. Everything about the wolf was magnificent: the scent, the pheromones, and sleek figure. Its beauty was unmatched, but don't let that fool you-it had a feisty nature. Treat him respectfully, and maybe he'll let you into his pure heart to form a lifetime bond that would never break. His loyalty to you would be stronger than titanium chains. Its gender and species didn't matter; anyone would be extremely lucky to have this wolf as a friend.

Teru finally understood what Kieran saw in him. For his entire life, Teru thought his secondary gender was a nuisance, something to be ashamed of and hide from others. He'd always think, Why do I have to be burdened with being the last human omega? There's nothing special about me. I'm just a dirty person, a problem for others to deal with when they smell my scent.