House of Wolves

It was quite easy to get to the giant painting with the elevator hidden behind it.

Thanks to that bloodsucker causing havoc within and outside the building, many of the employees had gone into hiding. When they ran, Lucas ran. When they tiptoed through the hallways to make sure the coast was clear, he'd do the same. Eventually, the hallways were abandoned once there was an announcement to evacuate because of the structure's unstableness. He was worried there'd at least be guards on the bastard king's floor and he'd have to explain himself as to why he hadn't left with the other servants, but no. No one was present.

Finally, Prince Kieran, who had somehow bewitched Teru, was useful.

Now, it's my turn to save my omega, ditch that weird, blonde vampire, and...and...

Lucas thought of Blaise, aka the Lust sin, and felt confused at the thought of leaving him. The Zhang's never bothered to say his name! But since the messed-up event, he was fed amazing food three times a day, had a comfortable bed, and was even questioned about the things he liked and didn't like. Wasn't that behavior so uncharacteristic of a vampire? It was suspicious. Really, what was up with the random kisses Blaise would try to sneak in here and there? That pervert must be a witch. Why else would Lucas feel so conflicted about tossing him to the curb like trash if given the chance? It made his alpha instincts uneasy.

And why am I calling him by his first name?! He's just a bloodsucker. A dirty, nasty, cute bloodsucker. Wait, did I just say cute? Stop! I'm making things worse!

Lucas sighed, lifted the heavy frame off the wall, threw it aside, and pressed the button. He waited impatiently for the elevator to arrive, foot tapping erratically.

In the end, I'm a human. He's a vampire. We're both alphas, especially him being a dominant. My partner is Teru...or was supposed to be. Damn Pride. He doesn't deserve Teru. All bloodsuckers are the same!

PING.

Lucas went in the small squared room. He took a step out upon arrival...

...and froze at the frightful sight. At first, he couldn't utter a peep. His fight or flight response kicked in.

These were not the opponents to fight.

"JESUS!" Lucas yelled and tripped back into the elevator.

Five giant wolves were all growling at him, drool falling from their jaws. Wolves! Here! What the fuck?! Lucas frantically felt the boxed walls for a weapon, but obviously, there weren't any. They were going to rip him to shreds and feast on his flesh! Adrenaline pumping and hands shaking, Lucas punched the down arrow button.

Close, close, close, come on!

The black wolf, the most intimidating of the bunch and clearly the alpha given by its massive size, lept into the confined space to join him. The others followed suit, copying their leader.

"AHH!" Lucas yelped, almost pissing himself as the door trapped them together. He tensed, waiting for the rabid teeth to destroy his vitamin-rich body. The pain didn't come. Actually, nothing came. Lucas was squished against the wall like a bug, with five freaking wolves snapping and snarling for more room since they were on top of each other.

They ignored him. Well, all but one. The black wolf stared into his blue eyes. Its height was a little taller than Lucas's.

Since when were wolves bigger than humans?! How is that possible? Why are they here, anyway? Experiments?

The animal's panting revealed razor-sharp teeth. Lucas saw his own reflection on the glistening pearly whites. Spots dotted his vision, on the brink of passing out from shock and stuffy air. It didn't help that these heavy beasts kept slamming into him! He kept his back to the wall and held his breath.