A Proper Alpha

The streets ran red because of him.

The city was ablaze because of him.

Hundreds of people were dead because of him.

More would die because of him.

These were all misfortunes that would have sent Kieran on a guilt trip straight to the deepest depths of Pride. Drinking Teru's blood should've been the final nail to his sanity's coffin, likely to never escape. This was when he should be finishing off New York and then on to the next town. There were thousands, no, hundreds of thousands of maggot-scented souls that needed to be reaped so they could be handled accordingly in the afterlife.

Yet, Kieran's mind was clear. He would not be rampaging across the country today, tomorrow, or ever. Pride heard what it needed to hear, coming to terms that blood wasn't his main weakness. Rather, it had been Kieran's self-criticisms all along: he somehow got himself captured, he could never be fixed, he'd forever be imperfect, etc. His Pride couldn't accept having trauma, so it manifested as an inability to drink blood.

Still...

Kieran was back.

His conscience was a clean slate, no longer weighed down by the responsibilities as a deadly sin. Though slightly hesitant about tasting blood in general, Kieran had someone in his life that would help him regain his confidence as Pride.

My destined mate.

My Humility.

My omega.

Mine.

Without Teru's acceptance of Pride, and Pride accepting Teru, his lion symbol would have spent forever waiting for its master to swallow his pride and seek help. Sometimes, even a person like Kieran couldn't do it alone. He'd forever be indebted to this little human, pregnant with his pups.

Pups...

Right. The impossible was growing in his womb. If Charles was baffled, then there was no one else who could explain. Kieran glanced down at Teru's stomach as he ran with him in his arms. He saw a faint outline of a bump under the sweater. This was Kieran's first time being fully aware after the kill-shot. The past was fuzzy. How long had it been for his belly to already be showing? Just where was Teru kept? How did he escape? Granted, Kieran wasn't completely surprised-Teru was a crafty fox who was sharp and ridiculously stubborn.

He's slightly heavier than before. I'm glad to see he gained weight and no other injuries-

His sight narrowed at the cuts on Teru's bare feet. Where the hell were his shoes?! Kieran was beyond livid, wanting to lick the blood clean off. And...why was there a scratch on his cheek deep enough to require stitches?! Being backhanded wouldn't cause such a laceration. It had to be from a weapon.

...Like a whip.

A goddamned whip.

Someone had to pay.

To anyone above, listen to me for once. Hear me. Send me the piece of shit who is responsible for everything. I want to destroy him, the one who kept us apart. Give me his head on a silver platter-

Kieran stopped. Across Central Park's large pond was the exact person he had been praying to get his revenge on. The man's silhouette was faint in the early morning fog. The moon touched the dark purple horizon, slowly disappearing. Sunrise was coming.

The heavens heard him.

They delivered.

Abaddon.

Despite the distance, Kieran saw the obvious signs of an alpha's call for a challenge. It would not be over until death. Good. Things could finally settle between them once and for all. His inner alpha growled when Teru stiffened in his grip, scared to see Abaddon walking towards them. To make his mate react so fearfully...