44- Moves

Eric's POV

Caroline...

Every cell in my body is screaming your name in rage!

Was I incompetent for you?

What does that bloody bastard have that I don't?

Wealth, power, status....

I could give you anything you wanted...

But how could you go to another man...??

I think I'll go insane if I see you with any other man...Even if it's the crown prince himself, I swear I'll kill him right in front of your eyes!

I reach the resort where that bastard took you to...

"Who are you Sir?" The guard asks me.

"This mansion is reserved only for the guests of imperial family so please..." Before he can complete his sentence, I slice off his throat with my sword.

The other guard bursts into a horrific scream.

And I raise my sword again and slash him into half.

The other guards were alerted by his scream, they rush towards me with their weapons but of course they are no match for me.

Be it hundreds, no thousands of men...

They can't stop me today from reaching you...!

I walk through the dead bodies of men covered in their blood...

I break the gate open and walk inside the mansion...

But you are not here...?

"Please...please spare us!!" A maid cries.

"Where is Caroline?" I ask pointing the sword to her neck.

"The lady? She has already left with His highness for the capital" she answers still shivering.

Tsk...So I missed them??

I immediately get out from the mansion and head towards the capital on my horse.

Caroline...

I'll make you completely mine!

________💖________

After that long night at the resort, Rion and me finally leave for the capital
on the carriage together.

Last night, I was able to prevent Sophia from brainwashing Rion just like she did in the original novel. And thanks to that Rion has recognised the evil that Sophia is and how she has the holy church under her spell.

"Your Highness we need to destroy the holy church, they are a cult of brainwashed slaves of Sophia and she plans to use them for World Domination!" I say.

"Yes, I know that Milady...But right now there's only very little that we can do..." He sighs.

"Why is that so?"

"That woman you mentioned- Sophia...She has calculated her moves very well! The church is an independent body from the imperial family, it's powers and control over the masses is...if not more but on the same level as the imperial throne. People of Rivans are highly religious and it's only expected for them to be so devoted to the holy church" he explains.

"But still...They are manipulating the public! I saw with my own eyes and heard with my own ears! They decieve the public taking advantage of their faith!" I recall how the high priest was trying to extort money from me when me and Laura had visited the church dressed up as ordinary merchants.

And then if course there was Alan's mother...

"It isn't easy...Even if we were to try and detain them tomorrow, we don't have any proof! And because the church has so much control over the public opinion, our move will only anger the public and it might backfire us instead" Rion shakes his head.

"But if we don't do anything then I'm sure Sophia is going to use the church to defeat the both of us and slowly gain control over the whole world!"

Rion breathes out a sigh, "The only thing we can do now is inform the great Sages about this and wait for them to do something"

Wait for the Great Sages? Does he even realise how long its going to take us if we do that?

The great sages live at the top of mountains where the they meditate. It's almost impossible to break their meditation and takes years to reach them...

If we wait for that long, who knows what Sophia and Eric might do within that time!

No sitting and waiting isn't an option...

I have to do things on my own!

I want to ask more from Rion but I realise that he won't be of any help...

Sometimes I get tired of Rion's attitude...I mean he's the crown prince and he has enough power but doesn't exercise it properly neither carries out his duties and responsibilities.

The citizens are his responsibility, it's his responsibility to save them and if Sophia is not stopped now soon the elf rule will be back and we will all loose everything!

There are many things that people in power like Rion can do but they don't...

And then there are people like Alan, a mere little boy without any power...

But with the right push I believe he can go very far...

I can't sit and wait for Rion to do something...There are things I gotta do on my own!

And for that that I made a plan...!

And now the time has come to put that into work!

Just as I reach the Vorsack palace, the nanny hands me a letter.

I open the envelope and a smile lights up my face.

"Who is it from Milady?" The nanny asks.

"Oh it's from someone I have been dying to hear!" I answer.

"Get the carriage ready, I'll have to go out again" I say.

"Now? But Milady you just came back from your journey aren't you tired?"She asks.

"I am but there are things I gotta do..." I say.

"Where are you gonna go? Who are you visiting?" She asks.

I smile and answer

"I'm going to visit the members of the secret society!