25. the interview

"Did you want to talk to me?" Ricky walked into the office and saw his manager sitting at a huge desk with a single computer on it.

"Yes sit down." 

"I'm in a big hurry because I have an interview in twenty minutes-" 

"I know your schedule better than anyone else." Zack cut him off. "So sit down." 

Ricky just rolled his eyes so that the man in front of him didn't notice and sat down on a very uncomfortable chair. 

"I wanted to talk to you about that photo with that girl." 

"Her name is Nini." the curly haired boy said annoyed. 

"I don't care." Zack shook his head. "I have already figured out how to make everyone forget about her." 

Ricky was shocked by what he heard. "What? And what do you want to do?" 

"Well right now it is the number one thing that is talked about on the internet, so you will definitely be asked about it in today's interview." the manager started. "So when they do that you tell them that you are not close at all, that you've only seen her a few times or that she's an obsessive fan and you were just nice and hugged her. Come up with anything, but don't you dare say that you are together." 

"But why do I have to lie?" Richard asked. "Why can't I tell the truth that I have a girlfriend and that I am very happy?" 

"Because more than half of your fans are girls and they are in love with you. If you had a girlfriend, they would be sad and we don't want that." his manager answered him. 

"So why do you want me to date Lily?" the boy raised an eyebrow. "What is the difference in that?" 

"Dating Lily will bring you even more fans who will fall in love with the star Richard Bowen." he explained to him. "If you dated someone like Nina, someone so ordinary, it would only hurt your career."

"How can you say that about her?" Ricky asked angrily. "You don't even know her."

"It is enough for me to know that she is nobody."

"Not for me." the teenager shook his head, "I like her." 

"That's cute and all but this is just a young love and it never lasts." the man told him. "You will fall in love a million more times and I won't let you ruin what we have built for many years because of one girl. Your career. Your dream."

Ricky didn't know what to do. Nini was very important to him and he was angry at the manager and the way he talked about her, but on the other hand he was afraid that he could destroy his career if he didn't do what he wanted. But that could destroy his relationship with Nini.

"It's up to you, but you signed the contract, so I advise you to do what is written in that contract, and that is to listen to your manager." Zack told him in a serious voice. "I strongly advise you to say in the interview today that you don't know the girl, otherwise it will end badly for you." he said, getting up from his chair and walking away from the room, leaving Ricky alone in the office so he can think.

...

"I have popcorn!" Kourtney yelled as she came out of the kitchen. 

"Yay!" Gina smiled and started eating right away. 

"No, we don't eat until the interview starts." Nini shook her head. "Because then you'll eat it before it starts." 

"Agh I hate your rules." Gina rolled her eyes. 

The friends waited another ten minutes and then they saw Nina's boyfriend on the TV screen.

"Good evening everyone," the blonde woman said. "today we have here a very special guest, the one and only Richard Bowen." the audience started clapping loudly and even friends at Nina's house clapped for fun. 

"It is an honor to be here, thank you for having me." Ricky smiled. 

"Of course." the woman told him. "There's so much I want to discuss with you. Your new album and new single Lie Lie Lie, but first what the whole world wants to know... Who is the girl in the photo you are hugging?" she asked and a picture of him and his girlfriend appeared on the big screen behind him. "It looks like you know each other."

Ricky got nervous and so did Nina.

"We do know each other." he started but he didn't know how to continue because he wanted to tell the truth but he saw Zack shaking his head behind the cameras. He didn't know what to do. But the serious look of his manager stressed him out. "She was my friend."

Nini froze when she heard him say the words was and friend.

"Can you explain it to us a little more?" the woman asked.

Richard cleared his throat and continued with his lies, but in some way he was also telling the truth. "We went to kindergarten and middle school together until I left for Los Angeles." he explained to everyone looking at the blonde. "We were very good friends in childhood but we haven't seen each other since I left. But now I was in my hometown for a few days and we met by chance on the street so I hugged her. That is all."

"But the girl on twitter said she saw you leaving the restaurant."

"Yes." Richard nodded. "Well I invited her to lunch to talk. After all, we haven't seen each other in many years." he laughed.

"So the rumors are wrong?" she asked. "You don't have a girlfriend?"

He hesitated to answer but saw the smiling manager in the distance. "No." he shook his head. "I am single."

   .

I'm so sorry guys.

Trust me I have a plan ;)

You may hate me now, but I still love you, Sof♡