255: Kumo & Konoha (1)

Chapter 255: Kumo & Konoha (1)

It was evening, the sun was starting to set and the clouds were clearing up. Raikage jumped down from the top of a tall rock and descended on the water stream below, causing water to splash all around and startle the animals in the vicinity, also making a dark-skinned man who was seemingly meditating on top of the water lose his chakra control and drown.

As Raikage stood on top of the water, his chakra kept his foot stable, as a head popped out beside him.

"Pff!" Killer Bee popped his head out of the water, coughing out water. "What the frick, bro? I was stunned, you know?"

Raikage frowned and turned off his Lightning Cloak. "Bee, did you notice anyone suspicious around here?" he asked as Bee pulled himself up in the water.

"No? Was someone supposed to come, though?" the Eight-Tails' Jinchuriki replied, rapping to himself.

"Nobody is supposed to, that's exactly why I am asking," Raikage said as he looked around. "Lightning Palm Neji is supposed to be in the village; a report made by Samui who's been spying on him for the last two weeks. She theorised he might be after the eight-tails, and I have all the reason to believe her claim given the recent rumour around Konoha."

"Really?" Killer Bee asked, walking over to the land and using a Wind Jutsu to dry himself up. "Perhaps he joined the Akatsuki? Odd mission otherwise, honestly."

Raikage agreed, following behind Bee. He wasn't sure either as to why someone like Neji would be after the Eight-Tails. But in any case, he didn't doubt Samui, she would never give him false intel.

Then both of them heard the distant noise of footsteps and turned their guards up, but it just turned out to be Darui, followed by Karui and Omoi, who ran to greet them.

They were expected, but... something was strange. 'Where is Samui?' Raikage was confused. Why did Samui send her team and Darui but not come here herself?

"Why isn't Samui here?" Raikage asked once the three Ninjas halted in front of him, bowing respectfully.

"Samui?" It was Darui who asked back. "I have no idea. She didn't come to us, to begin with. It was Mabui who came to inform us about your emergency summon. She did mention Samui, but since that girl didn't come to us by herself we just assumed she must have left for you already."

Raikage frowned at that.

Something didn't feel right.

She had pushed him away when he tried to touch her too...

Weird.

"You guys wait here," Raikage said, launching his Lightning Cloak once again. "I will be back in a second."

The others nodded and Raikage was about to leap himself into the air, but before he could do so he spotted a figure coming towards them from the sky.

Moving fast.

-Boom!

The sky bloomed with the ripple of a supersonic blast as the figure revved and appeared right above them, floating with his arms behind him, while his white hair fluttered behind him beautifully as did his white robe with blue outline.

"This is unwise, baby boss," Raikage heard Samui's voice from beside the white figure, even though she wasn't present there. "There is a reason why I suggested you gather all four of them here in one place—because they're all very strong so them being out of the village was for your own good. It's very dangerous to come to face them on your own here!"