17

48 hours later

"Nala, can you come help me with something?", Mr Hwan, her father, could be heard from kitchen.

"Sure, what is it?", Nala asked while passing through the kitchen door frame.

"Can you hold these for me real quick?", he asked while giving her a screwdriver. "Hand me it when I tell you."

At first, she was confused because her father was putting screws through the window frame.

"I didn't see that boyfriend of yours around lately. Is everything alright?"

"Yes, of course it's alright. We were both busy these days so we couldn't hang out."

He nodded in understanding.

"Why are you doing it?"

"You haven't heard the news? There's a wild animal or whatever breaking into the houses through the windows...Three people are killed last night."

"W- wild animal, you say?"

"Yes, but they don't know what is it. Hand me the screwdriver.", and then he started to nail the screwers in. "The only thing left in the houses where it broke in last night are bodies and claw prints over the furnitures."

"And why do you think that few screws will save us from it? Besides you could just lock the window."

"The windows at those people were locked, Nala. And the glass is completely untouched...It just..broke in I guess"

"Do you need me anymore? I gotta make a few calls"

"Sure, thank you"

Nala nodded and literally flew back to her room to call Daeshim and Taehyung to see if they're okay.

She tried to call Dae first, but the only thint that answered her from the other side of the line were beeping sounds.

"Fuck!"

While putting her hoodie on, she tried to call Taehyung, and when she lost the last track of hope, he answered.

*over a call*

"I was honestly crucifying myself between ans-"

"ARE YOU OKAY?", Nala asked while panting, 'cause she was already on her way to Daeshim's place.

"Except for the facts that you ign-"

"JUST ANSWER MY GODDAMN QUESTION"

"YES I'M OKAY WHY ARE YOU ASKING THAT?"

"Nothing weird happened last night?"

"Nope. What was supposed to happen?"

"There was this animal that broke into people's houses through the windows, so I just wanted to check if you're okay"

"What the fuck? What are you talking about?"

"Look Imma call you later, I'm on my way to Dae's."

*call ended*

Well now that's not a nice way to say 'bye love ya'.

However, she was almost at her best friend's house. Half-dead, yes, but almost there.

She practically killed the bell butto  trying to press it as much times as possible.