Chapter 18: The End

The sun was in the sky, shining brightly above Y/N, Tanjiro, Nezuko, Inosuke, and Zenitsu. They all prayed in front of the graves of those who sadly passed away during the battle against Muzan.

“May their souls be guided to the afterlife and let their next life be peaceful and filled with happiness,” Tanjiro said as he finished his prayer.

They all stood up and Y/N was genuinely smiling. “That’s something that is rare to see,” Tanjiro commented.

“Oh, shut up, I smile,” Y/N said.

“Yeah, but not often,” Nezuko joked.

“You’re lucky I’m in a good mood,” he said. “I would be in a better if… never mind.”

“If Mitsuri was here?” Tanjiro asked.

“Yes,” he answered. “She was the one person who managed to help me find out who I am and not to make myself bitter.”

“Hey,” Tanjiro said before placing a hand on his shoulder. “You two will meet again in your next lives.”

“I know. Just wished we could celebrate this together. Finally, Muzan is gone and the world can heal. But that is enough for me to be happy and at least she was there to help make the world a better place,” Y/N said.

“Indeed,” Tanjiro said.

“Why don’t we all have some fun? This is cause for celebration after all,” Y/N pointed out.

“Yeah! Let’s go bash our heads against some trees!” Inosuke suggested.

“Or maybe something that won’t give us brain damage,” Y/N replied.

“Yeah, like maybe heading to the Butterfly Mansion and enjoying some food!” Kanao suggested.

“Sounds good to me!”
“Yeah!”
“I can eat!”
“Sounds wonderful.”
“As long as I get to sit next to Nezuko.”

They all look at Zenitsu a bit weird but decide to just ignore it and head forward to the Butterfly Mansion. Once there, Aoi and the gang all prepare a meal and enjoy it together. It was nice and lovely and everyone enjoyed themselves.

While there, Y/N couldn’t help but think about the entire fight and everything that unfolded. He was lucky that he didn’t lose a limb or anything and considered himself lucky. Little did he know of the curse of the Demon Slayer Mark and that he’ll die when he is 25.

But since he didn’t know that, he just enjoyed himself and looked forward to the life he could now live thanks to the half that Muzan was now gone. They all had a good time together until Y/N realized he had something that he needed to do.

He went off on his own after saying buy to the gang and went back to the home he knew when that demon attacked. Upon getting there, he looked at the house and saw that it was still a wreck.

“I really should have fixed this up instead of just taking off to become a Demon Slayer,” he told himself as he got closer to the house.

He looked around and saw the place where he would chop wood. He remembered the nights when his little brothers would help him chop up the wood. He would do most of the world but they helped nonetheless.

As he looked at the house, he remembered when his sister would try and help him cook. Again, he did most of the work but she still helped in any way that she can. He missed all three of his siblings. That is why he became a Demon Slayer after all.

As he looked at the whole thing, he remembered his vow after seeing their deaths. The words echo throughout his mind. “This world… is infested with these monsters. They are wicked. They are heartless, They are horrible. But I… I will be worse. I will make each demon regret being born. I will make them all disappear! I will rip… and… TEAR!!! Until they are all gone.”

Just like it was yesterday. “Oh past Y/N, if you only knew how life would turn out for you,” Y/N said before looking over to where his parent's and sibling's graves are.

He walked over there with his sword still in its sheath. He met their graves and got on his knees before them. “Hey, it’s been a while since I’ve last been here. Sorry about that. I just came back to say, I helped avenge your deaths. There are no more demons! Well, no more bad ones at least. I just wanted to say, thank you for giving me the strength to achieve this. I wouldn’t have done it without all of you. I love you all and it’s with you and all of the friends I have made that now I can do this,” he said before pulling out his sword.

It was very dull in color now. It was borderline grey and the red could hardly be seen. Y/N jabs it into the ground as it slowly lost its color more and more. “And with this now, I can truly say that now, my wrath… is… gone…”

With that, the sword loses its red color and Y/N stands up. He turns and walks away, no longer wrathful nor a slayer. But he is now just the man, Y/N who will meet his family and friends, and lover again in his next life.

Word Count: 889 words

Very short but I didn't have much to work with so I hope you can forgive me for that. But yeah, this is the end of this book. I have had a lot of fun making it and enjoyed every moment of it and glad you were able to enjoy it as well. Thank you for reading.

Also, to wrap up any questions you made have, Y/N does not have any descendants because he does not get with anyone else plus Demon Slayer Mark which makes you die at the age of 25.

But with that all out of the way, this is the end of this book. Thanks for reading and I'll see all of ya in the next story. Peace!