20

"Lucas?!" Penelope shrieked, breaking away from Anastacius.

"What?! Don't shout at me! Peanut won't stop crying!" Lucas said defensively, holding Jennette out for Penelope to take. The brunette hurriedly took her crying babe before rocking her gently and soothing her cries.

"Why did she cry in the first place?! I fed her before I left!" Penelope exclaimed, Lucas looked at the brunette with an irritated face before looking away.

"Well I don't know?! Do I look like a baby reader of sorts?!" Lucas replied back.

"Why are you shouting?!" Penelope shot, glaring at the black-haired magician, unaware of the people staring at them with wide eyed looks.

"You started it!" Lucas huffed before taking a look at the now giggling babe, "See? She just wants her mother!"

"Wait. What the actual fuck?" Claude said confusedly, jeweled eyes wide with shock.

Penelope froze when she realized that people other than her daughter and Lucas exists.

"Oh. Oh Fuck." Penelope cussed.

"How many times do I have to tell you not to cuss with the baby present!" Lucas gritted out, glaring at both Penelope and Claude.

"Well, I'm sorry?! I kinda forgot they were here!" Penelope huffed, rolling her eyes while cradling the babe close to her.

The baby let out soft coos instead of crying after hearing the noise.

[Host, you're in the Palace. Of course they'd be here.] Tongtong supplied, albeit uselessly.

"Ugh. I already said I forgot." Penelope muttered before kissing Jennette's nose and handing her back to Lucas.

"Wait. Why are you handing her back to me?!" The magician cried, but taking Jennette from the older brunette nonetheless.

"Well you're his brother?" Penelope said in a matter of fact tone.

"Yes and that stupid Emperor is her father, so why aren't you handing her to him?" Lucas snarked that made Penelope facepalm.

"Lucas. They don't know a shit yet."

"Oh."

"Yes. Oh."

"Okay enough!" Diana interrupted, hands on her hips, and brows scrunched together. It seems as though the blonde already had enough of Penelope and Lucas's bullshit.

"Penny. Please. If you would be so kind, explain everything. Now." Penelope said with a closed eye smile that nearly scared Penelope. Nearly.

"Fine."

———

"So you mean to tell me, my bastard of a father took you somewhere isolated? And placed a spell on the place for us not to be able to find you?" Claude asked, Penelope nodded her head before leaning on Anastacius's shoulder.

"And you got back to Obelia two months ago but chose not to inform us because you were recovering?" Diana clarified, lips in a tight line.

"Yeah, sorry. I was not in the right state to deal with questions and anything, so I made everyone keep it as a secret." Penelope said, her reply ending with a grimace.

"It's alright, Penny. We understand." Diana said with a reassuring smile.

Penelope sat up straight and looked at Anastacius who was oddly quiet throughout the conversation.

"Your Majesty?" Penelope called, Anastacius looked up and met her gaze.

"Can I hold her?" He asked in a soft voice, Penelope was taken aback and so she only blinked.