Decades

Summary: Bucky's been obsessed with wanting to marry you ever since you were children.
Word count: 3.2k
A/n: This one is pretty long and it's kinda rushed at the end :/ sorry about that. But it's sweet :) just know that there's gonna be errors in it cause I didn't feel like proof reading. Sorry not sorry.

—1932—

You supposed moving to a new town wasn't bad. After all it meant you got a fresh new start after the unfortunate event you and your father faced in your last town. The rumors spread more rapidly then you or your father thought they would, leaving many people giving you dirty looks as you walked down the streets. Everyone talked about you more then they talked about sliced bread when it was invented.

When it all got to much for you to where you couldn't even go to school without getting bullied, your father packed your stuff up and moved you two to Brooklyn.

Bigger city meant a possibility of not being noticed. And that's what you wanted. To not be noticed.

Today was your first day at your new school. Unfortunately you have to start in the middle of the year, but it's better than being stared at anytime you left your house.

As you walked in the classroom, almost everyone turned to look at you which makes you feel embarrassed. The teacher smiles kindly at you and leads you to an empty seat next to a boy with the most beautiful blue eyes and dark brown hair. The color of soft leather your father sells, or warm chocolate milk on a cold winter day.

He smiles softly at you and you return it as you try to get comfortable in your seat. You feel his gaze still on you and try not to think to much of it.

"Students, we have a new student joining us today. Why don't you stand up and tell us about yourself?" The teacher suggests and you feel your heartbeat quicken.

"Is that really necessary?" You ask.

"No, but I'm making it necessary."

You sigh softy as you gather all the courage you have to stand up. "My name is y/f/n, I'm 15 years old," you say and sit back down.

"Is that all? Nothing else?" The teacher asks.

"Nope. I have quite a boring life," you say with a tight lipped smile.

"Why don't you come over here and I'll make it more exciting?" A boy winks at you while his friends laugh and slap him on his shoulder.

"Billy, you're the most boring person I know," the boy sitting next to you says.

"You wanna settle this James?" Billy asks as he stands up.

"Billy, sit back down," the teacher says and he reluctantly sits down.

You turn to look at the boy sitting next to you and he sticks his hand out. "I'm James," he says. You smile as you take his hand and give it a firm shake. "Y/n," you reply.

"You've got a strong grip," James says with a smirk.

"My father told me it's a bad first impression to give a bad handshake," you shrug and he chuckles lightly. "Your father sounds like a wise man," he says.

After school, you start to walk back to your place when you feel a tap on your shoulder. Billy stands next to you and tries to wrap his arm around your shoulder. "No thank you," you say as you push him off.

"C'mon sweetheart, don't be like that," he chuckles as he tries to grab you, but you push him off again. "Stop!" You yell.

Billy tries to come at you again, but someone pulls him back. "She said stop," James says as he pushes Billy back and you watch as his hat falls to the ground.