Chapter 67: Overbearing In-Laws

Chapter 67

Overbearing In-Laws

The ATV bounced along the dirt road back toward the cave. Darius had gone ahead and returned with it, while the rest of us helped Titus's to the nearest road. I sat in the back seat with him, cradling his head on my shoulder. A blanket lay over his bruised and battered body. The extent of his injuries were more prominent in human form. Darius and the alpha were in the front seat.

"Did you tell my parents?" I asked.

Darius glanced over his shoulder at me. "They're waiting at the cave with Rose and Storm." He smiled at me. "Your mother going to beat your ass."

I glared at him and looked away sharply. The red haired man only laughed at me.

Swallowing the lump in my throat, I looked between the pair. "What are you going to do about Chris?"

"We don't tolerate hunters," stated Xavier. "It's in our agreement with the human that we have the right to protect our pack from all threats."

"Are you going to kill him?" I said softly.

"He'll be dealt with," said the alpha, "once we find him."

We traveled slowly along the road. The parking area came into view ahead of us. My parents were standing there with a lantern. I took in a deep breath and prepared for their reactions. It wasn't going to be good.

Xavier parked the vehicle.

Titus started to stir and opened his eyes. "Are we there?"

I nodded. "Yeah."

"Aden Perri," stated my mother.

I cringed, and Titus started to chuckle.

"I think you're grounded."

Rolling my eyes, I sighed. "Me too."

Darius came to help his brother. I stepped out of the ATV and gave my parents a forced smile. My mother charged.

She grabbed me and hugged me tightly. "You're in so much trouble. Are you hurt?" Stepping back, she scanned my clothes.

I shook my head. "Titus healed it. Most of it isn't mine."

Shaking her head, she took a moment to compose herself. "Do you know how worried I was to find that note and know you were with Chris. Do you have no sense?" she exclaimed, pressed her lips into a thin line. "After everything that horrid boy has put you through, you're dumb enough to get in his truck."

"I thought I could fix it." I shrugged, rubbed my upper arm. "I know what I did was stupid." My eyes wandered to Titus as he limped toward the cave. "It was really stupid."

Any anger in her expression was gone when she noticed me starting to become emotional. She hugged me again, and my father joined us.

"I'm sorry." I quickly cleared my eyes, before anyone saw.

With a sigh, my mother grabbed my hand. "What's done, is done. Learn what you can from it and let's move on."

I nodded.

"Alright, let's go inside. It's still far too cold to be standing out here." She led the way to the cave. We walked back to the alpha's room. Titus was taken to an attached bedroom. We sat down on the piles of furs. I leaned into my mom's side as everyone in the room took a moment for the night's events to settle.

"You clearly know your grounded, right Aden?" said my mother.

"Yeah," I muttered.

"To what extent, I'll let Xavier decided."