Chapter III: Act II

╔═*.·:·.✧ ✦✧.·:·.*═╗
The Other Side
╚═*.·:·.✧ ✦✧.·:·.*═╝

Lumine stared quietly at the stiffened figure before her, a small smile slipping onto her lips once she saw those familiar pupils that the (H/c)ette had.

She instantly knew that she had found the right Khaenri'ah child she had been looking for. Thanks to some agents from the Fatui slipping information in front of several abyss mages; which amused her greatly.

"What are you doing here?" The teenager in front of her asked.

In a way, the other reminded her of her twin a bit. Oh, how she missed her brother dearly... but it just wasn't the right time yet.

Lumine raised an eyebrow at the boy while pushing the polearm away from her. "I'm just here to talk," she states.

(E/c) eyes seemed to harden a bit more as if he wasn't trusting her words.

She didn't blame the teenager though, if she was his spot, she wouldn't trust herself either.

"Talk? Why do you want to talk with me?" The other asked, wearily.

Lumine hummed lightly as she gave a thoughtful look before noticing how the other was staring at the ruin guard that stood behind her.

She shook her head. "No worries, this one is harmless." She reassured.

The (H/c)ette gave her a look that made her hold back a giggle.

Lumine then held out her hand. "I'm Lumine," she introduced.

The teenager looked at the hand for a few seconds before heavily sighing and shaking her hand.

"(Y/n)," the (H/c)ette grumbled back.

The blonde female's eyes softened a bit. "It's nice to meet you, (Y/n)."

(Y/n) hummed lightly as he allowed his polearm to dematerialize, once he realized that Lumine was yet to be an enemy to him.

"Now, what did you want to talk with me about?" (Y/n) asked while relaxing his stance.

Lumine nodded her head, overjoyed at the fact of how (Y/n) wanted to head straight to the point.

"Let's take a walk while I get to the point," she answered while waving off the ruin guard to guard both of them.

(Y/n) narrowed his eyes upon Lumine once more before nodding. "Alright," he mumbled.

Lumine nodded her head and started walking off, (Y/n) following after the shorter girl in silence.

Lumine's golden-colored eyes glanced at the boy beside her. "I do believe you've heard of the abyss?" She asked.

(Y/n) gave a thoughtful look. "I've over heard Fatui agents in the harbor talking about you," he lied.

'Of course, I've heard about you. You're Aether's twin.' (Y/n) mentally deadpanned.

The blonde female hummed lightly as she turned her gaze away. "Then you might understand why I'm here then," she retorted.

The (H/c)ette raised a brow at this. "No, please do enlighten me."

Lumine stopped walking and stood underneath a tree as she turned to look at the boy that was once beside her.

"You're not from here, are you? You're like me and my brother... you're from a different world." She retorted.

(Y/n) froze at where he stood as if he was being held down by chains made out of both ice and metal.

"No–" He started but were cut off.