Chapter III: Act IV

╔═*.·:·.✧ ✦✧.·:·.*═╗
Traveling to Freedom
╚═*.·:·.✧ ✦✧.·:·.*═╝

(Y/n) stood in front of Goldet with an annoyed look on his face, a small pout also being seen in the mixture.

Goldet was scolding him softly about how he should be safe while taking a long journey to Mondstadt.

"I'll be fine, mom." (Y/n) retorted, trying his best to reassure the other in front of him.

Goldet narrowed her eyes a bit. "Now? Last time you went out for a short adventure, you had hilichurls attack you!" She exclaimed.

(Y/n) sweatdropped. "That was when I didn't have a weapon on me," he replied.

Goldet sighed heavily while staring at her child with a worried look. "I'm just worried, you know? You're going to a place you haven't visited in however many years... for a birthday party, no less." She points out.

(Y/n) smiled a bit. "I could ask Xiao to watch over me until I reach the border of Mondstadt if that'll lessen up your worries," he retorted with a light hum.

Goldet gave a thoughtful look before sighing heavily in defeat.

"Fine, but ONLY if Xiao watches over you." She finally agreed.

(Y/n)'s figure relaxed, nodding at the other.

"I'll go tell him... might have to make him almond tofu, though." The (H/c)ette sighed softly.

Goldet smiled lightly and nodded her head in agreement despite feeling amused.

'He would've done it whether if you did have almond tofu on you or not.' She thought which a shake of her head.

"Right, time to beg a Yaksha who doesn't like to listen to you unless food is given. Right, let's go." (Y/n) mumbled before heading off.

Goldet looked down at Richie who sat comfortably down by her feet.

"Your owner is quite a strange one, isn't he?" Goldet laughed softly as she received a bark and a tail wag in return.

✧˖*°࿐

(Y/n) stared at Xiao with a dot-eyed expression. "I didn't have to feed you to agree with me, but I did anyway because I had no idea you would casually agree?" He asked in surprise.

Xiao just looked away with a slight nod of his head, ignoring the stare of disappointment on him.

The (H/c)ette released a groan from his lips while rubbing at his hands. "Damn, mom should've told me..." He mumbled.

Xiao rolled his eyes while finishing off the almond tofu that he had in his hands.

"When... do you plan on leaving?" Xiao mumbled out.

(E/c) eyes widened a bit before softening. "I was thinking about leaving in an hour. It's about a day and a half walk, so if I start now... I should be there at least by mid-day or a bit later," he answered.

Xiao frowned a bit as he looked away.

Just why did the (H/c)ette have to leave so soon? Especially when the party was about three days from now.

(Y/n) seemed to notice the sour look on Xiao's face and bit back a laugh. He knew how the Adeptus was quite... how would he explain it? Xiao reminded (Y/n) of a cat.

Why?

It was because Xiao was mostly pissed off and distant from those that wanted to be around them; due to his karmic debt, mostly. And at the same time, Xiao was mediocre to those that gave him food.

"You'll be protecting me, you know that, right, Xiao? You'll be able to keep an eye on me until I leave Liyue," (Y/n) reminded.

Xiao gave an annoyed look at that. He wanted to protect the (H/c)ette the whole time they were out, but couldn't due to a contract he had with a certain contract archon.

(Y/n) nervously laughed but smiled in amusement. "I'll make sure I'm safe, I promise."

'That was a blatant lie. The attack happens on Diluc's birthday, so I'm not going to be safe at all.' (Y/n) thought, feeling bad at the lie he told.

The (H/c)ette gave a thoughtful look. "Once I come back, we can hang out as long as you want. That's if your karmic debt allows it," he reassured.

(E/c) eyes watched as Xiao's figure relaxed a bit at what their owner had said.

"I'll see you in an hour, okay? If you need anything from me, bother mom or Richie." (Y/n) points out.

'And while I'm at Mondstadt or on the way back here, I'm gonna find a cat and name it Wei. Why? Plot reasons, of course.' The (H/c)ette mused.

"Well, see you in a bit, Xiao." (Y/n) waved, before leaving the said Adeptus to his thoughts.

✧˖*°࿐

(Y/n)'s figure could be seen stretching while walking down a dirt path that would lead him in the direction of Mondstadt.

Xiao was off in the distance, but close enough to keep an eye on the (H/c)ette.

(E/c) eyes stared ahead as their owner brought a single hand up to a bag strap and clutched at it.

"Looks like I'm heading back to Mondstadt. Who knew that I would be a part of this horrible, memorable moment that would change Diluc's depressing fate and dislike of the Favonius Knights," (Y/n) sighed heavily.

(Y/n)'s eyes flickered over in the direction of where Xiao was and smiled a bit.

"I know it's stupid and all, but I'm really glad he agreed to watch over me... even if I could protect myself." (Y/n) states, while mumbling the rest of the sentence under his lips.

(E/c) hues then flickered up towards the sky that was starting to turn dark, slowly.

"Joining Lumine was probably the stupidest idea, but honestly? It was probably a smart move, too. I don't think she realized that I could also join the Fatui as well... as a double spy, of course... but then again, that's way too much work for me to handle. I would rather die than be given paperwork to sign every single time I'm given it." The (H/c)ette mumbled, which sounded like gibberish.

"Wouldn't it be a triple spy? You know what, I don't give a shit anymore."

A grin slipped onto (Y/n)'s lips.

"Mondstadt, here I come."

╔═*.·:·.✧ ✦✧.·:·.*═╗

╚═*.·:·.✧ ✦✧.·:·.*═╝