Chapter 7: Gremory Mansion

"I'll have to go... but I'll come back"

"Hmm? You're leaving???"

Riser asked with a slightly joyful look on his face but immediately tried to hide it to avoid provoking her. Making the dragon loli, nod her head in response before grabbing a cookie from the jar that she carried.

"No worry... I'll come back... I just need to... kill a cursed angel... in the realm of the dead"

She said before she stared at him for a few seconds with her lifeless black eyes. Opening her mouth before placing the cookie in her hand inside.

"Goodbye Kiss"

"... Can you stop being so fucking persistent about that??"

Riser said with an irritating smile on his face while looking down at Ophis who was munching on a cookie. Looking up at him with her left arm stretched out like she was reaching for him, causing Riser to helplessly sigh before crouching down and giving her a short peck on the forehead. Making the dragon loli frown in dissatisfaction.

"Li-"

"OH!! Look at the time!! I'll talk to you later, Ophis!!"

Riser hurriedly said while looking at his imaginary watch before rushing inside the train, causing Ophis to stare at him with a blank expression on her face. Grabbing the door of the train before pulling it and effortlessly ripping it off with her bare hands. Shocking Riser's parents and little sister who were beside her while the train staff stared at the broken door of the train. Making them glance at Riser who paused in his step as he heard the sound of metal being ripped apart behind him.

"I'll... destroy this train... if you don't... kiss"

"... Fuck"

-Timeskip-

"That fucking dragon... I need to find a way to get her out of my house"

Riser said while he covered his mouth with cold sweat trickling down his back. Sitting on an empty seat inside of a train leading to the territory of the Gremory Clan. Making him look outside the see the bright blue sky above them. Thinking deeply about the recent events that happened around him in the past few days.

Events that completely deviated from the original plot since none of them was supposed to happen. The first is Ophis suddenly taking an interest in him, and the second is Rias suddenly inviting him out of nowhere to apologize for breaking their engagement so abruptly. Making him rub his chin in suspicion with furrowed eyebrows.

"... what the flying fuck is going on... why aren't they following the fucking script? I performed all of my duties perfectly so why are they suddenly doing all of this random shit all of a sudden?"

He whispered to himself before thinking about what Rias is planning. He knew it was impossible for her to make amends since he knew how much she hated him. So, all he can think of is that either someone forced her to apologize, or she's planning something to humiliate him and remind him of his loss. Making him rub his hair in frustration before the train stopped at the next station, causing him to take a deep breath in response.

"I need to find out what the fuck happened to make her act like that..."

He whispered. Thinking about the endless trouble surrounding Rias and Issei. One after another, they would eventually get involved and actively participate in the major events in this dimension, who shouldn't even be involved in these kinds of events since they were still too young for it. But in the end, they endured it and even risked their lives to resolve them.

He couldn't just prevent those events from happening since they are all vital events that would significantly aid Rias and her entire peerage. Helping them reach new heights in terms of combat prowess and their relationship with Issei. Especially Issei, who became possibly the most powerful being in the light novel.