Ch. 2

This is turning into a Rouge/Reader and I'm not even mad lmao---
But I promised y'all a Shadow/Reader story, and that's what you're gonna get.
Rouge will be a huge part of Reader's life, but Shadow's soon gonna take over.
... Somehow, lmao.
I have some ideas for later, but that's just that.
For later👀
Enjoy the copious amount of Rouge/Reader until then!!
LOL.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

You awoke early the next morning.

At least, you figured it was early, judging by the fact your room was still somewhat dark.

Eagerly moving the curtain just slightly, you looked out, quick to notice the sun barely peeking over the horizon, and you smiled brightly.

Was Rouge still asleep?

You didn't want to wake her.

Quietly, you slipped out of bed, tiptoed to the door, slowly opened it, and peeked out.

Oh, the TV was on.

Unless it turned on by itself, it probably meant Rouge was awake.

Exiting your room, you kept your eyes on the TV, still being as quiet as ever, before the scent of coffee hit you.

You peeked out from the hallway, staring straight into the kitchen where Rouge was, and she shivered.

"Hun?" She asked, turning to you.

"You're scaring me, why are you hiding like that?" Oh damn-

"Sorry!" You replied, stepping away from the wall.

"You're an interesting one, you know." She said, urging you to come closer.

"Huh?" You asked, stepping into the kitchen.

"You didn't know what a laptop was. That's enough to intrigue me. You're not from around here, are you?" She said, sipping her coffee.

"You could say that..." You replied, awkwardly laughing.

"Oh sugar, don't you worry. I won't tell anyone. But I have to teach you how to use technology, if you want to fit in." Fit in?

You stared at the floor for a second, before looking up, nodding.

"Okay!"

"Okay so." Rouge said, the two of you currently sat on the sofa, once you'd both gotten dressed.

"You open it like this." You stared in awe as Rouge opened the laptop like you would a box, and nodded, taking in all the info you could.

"Then you press this button. The power button." Pressing her finger down on a button in the top middle of the laptop, the screen came to life after a second or two.

"And when this screen appears, you type in a pin." You looked to Rouge, tilting your head as you did.

"Oh, a pin is like... a password. It keeps other people from getting into your things without you wanting them to." Oh!

That made sense.

And this went on for a few hours, Rouge teaching you how to start, use, and finally turn off the laptop, and you were only happy to listen.

You were a quick learner (or maybe she was a great teacher?), and you took no time at all to get used to using it.

You were slow at typing though.