Chapter 20- Close to you

The two chapters were too short alone for my liking so I put them together

The two chapters were too short alone for my liking so I put them together. Doesn't mean I will update in an eternity like last time.
Enjoy.

„See, no one can beat me at that game," I yell over the trees as I throw my hands in the air in victory.

I can't erase the huge smile on my face even if I tried as I watch Kaden attaching the carabiner to the thick metal rope. I quickly turn my head to the side to see the children on the less complicated path and smile as I notice their concentrated expressions but also joy on their faces.

At first, I wasn't fond of them on another path but after 3 hours of training, they feel safe and there is no way someone could hurt them as there is a child lock on their gear so they are always secured.

As I concentrate on them I realize too late as Kaden slides over the rope and with a force I underestimated he lets himself down on the platform. With a shriek that I am not able to hold back anymore, I lose my balance and can't help but stumble back.

My foot crashes against the wooden ridge which leads to me falling back but the cry is kept stuck in my throat. When I think I will fall until I am only inches from the ground away, a strong arm wraps around my waist and keeps me from tumbling over. The air leaves my lungs as I am pulled back until my legs are steadied on the platform again. As I look up I realize how close we are, our chests touching as he glances down at me with a raised eyebrow.

"You good?" he asks, the corners of his lips twitching in amusement but the glint in his eyes being one of sincerity.

"I am, thank you. The next time you warn someone when you come crashing down to where they are standing, thirty meters above solid ground"
Kaden tilts his head up to look at the sky as if he would try to figure something out and then looks back at me again.

"First..." He starts and I try to hide my surprise as he stomps his foot against the wooden platform.
"Seems pretty solid to me and secondly, I was sure a winner like you would be able to keep the balance for a second without getting warned like a little kid. But I guess I was wrong. I dearly apologize, milady." He teases me, leaning his head closer to mine until there are only inches between our faces.