Chapter Four

We went downstairs and tried the lever back at the stairs and realised how dumb we were. It turned on the lights. Well, that will help a bit. We walked back out to see a big blob of ink fall from the ceiling. We were going to ignore it until it popped back up as this humanoid figure. I used my ax to attack it but even more started to appear. I fought them off until I was sure they had all disappeared. And we were sure when a record player started playing and some shutters opened up.

But we went back to the locked door to see that it was now open. Inside was a music room, just as Norman had said. There was also a recording booth and more closed shutters. Next to the recording booth was a piano and next to that was another tape recorder. This was by a girl named Susie Cambell. Oh! I remember her! She was the voice of Alice Angel! Nice girl. We played the tape;

'It may only be my second month working for Joey Drew, but I can already tell I'm gonna love it here! People really seem to enjoy my Alice Angel voice. Sammy says she may be as popular as Bendy someday. These past few weeks I've voiced everything from talking chairs to dancing chickens. But this is the first character I really felt a connection with. Like she's a part of me. Alice and I, we are going places.'

Okay, a little more obsessed than I remember but what do I know? I've never done voice acting. We left the music room and went down the door which shutters did open. Emma opened one of the doors to reveal an organ that still worked. We went down the hall across from that room to see the medical ward which was flooded with ink. So, we left that alone and went further down the hall. I opened another door revealing another art room.

At least we think it was. There was a drawn picture of Bendy and what he looked like when he was sad, happy, angry, and disgusted. They were all the same smiley demon. We thought he had different faces. But we soon realised that this was a joke when I saw a note beside it saying 'Don't let Joey see this'. Good idea. We left the room and went to the end of the hall where Sammy's office was.

But it was flooded with ink, just as he mentioned in his recording. There was yet another door which Emma tried to open but it was locked. We looked inside the office to see the pump switch Sammy was talking about. Okay, time to stop the ink flow so that we can get in. But how? Near the leak, there was another recording. It was from Wally. Emma turned it on;

'So I go to get my dustpan from the hall closet the other day and guess what? I can't find my stupid keys. It's like they disappeared into thin air or something. All I can think of is that they must have fallen in one of the garbage cans as I was making my rounds last week. I just hope nobody tells Sammy. Because if he finds out I lost my keys again, I'm outta here.'

Well that was smart, wasn't it? Now we have to look through the trash because this fool lost his keys. Well, we have nothing left to lose at this point. We left the hall and started looking through every room for a trash can and then looking through the trash for the keys. Emma ended up finding them in a trash can next to an Alice Angel poster. I took the keys and went back to the locked door and used Wally's keys to open it. What we found was another recording from Sammy. He likes to talk, doesn't he? We played the tape;

'Every artistic person has needed a sanctuary. Joey Drew has his and I have mine. To enter you need only know my favorite song:

The drum thunders in triumph.

The piano delicately calls.

The piano returns in graceful harmony.

The banjo playfully plucks.

Sing my song and my sanctuary will open to you.'

Is this what Norman was complaining about? So Sammy would turn on the projector, run downstairs, put in his musical code, and then camp in his sanctuary for a few hours? Well, maybe then we can stop the leak at his door. So, we did exactly as Sammy did. We turned on the projector, ran downstairs, played the instruments in order, and his sanctuary opened. It was behind the shutters.

We walked in to see more instruments, a desk, a toilet, a valve that flows the ink, and more writing on the wall. Well, it was a rhyme. It said 'sing a happy song, whistle a merry tune, wait for his arrival, he's coming very soon'. How poetic. Who the hell is this 'he' they keep talking about? I'm still convinced that it's whatever we saw at the start of all this but I don't know what it is. Emma turned the valve and we left the room.

But it couldn't be that simple so we started looking for another one. As we made our way out, a Bendy cut-out popped up from the wall again. But there was no one there. Again! But we were jumped again by these ink creatures from before. I used my ax to defeat them again and made our way out the door. We went back to Sammy's office to see that the leak was still a problem.

But the ink blocking the medical ward was gone. We walked down the stairs only to be greeted by another one of those creatures. Will we ever get a break? I used the ax on it and looked for the next valve. Emma turned on a switch to power something but we were presented with another problem: there was no valve wheel. Now we have to search for that! Things are never easy.