Chapter 55

The pounding in her head made her snap her eyes open, she was confused for a second when she saw she was on the couch, but then she remembered.

Tears instantly filled her eyes but they were quickly wiped away. Her teary eyes connected with Angel's who stroked her hair.

"I don't want to see you crying anymore, we'll take care of it, I promise." He spoke, his voice calm and soothing.

She nodded, biting her lip in anxiousness.

"Now come on, let's eat something and we're gonna go meet some people." He helped her sit up then they walked to the kitchen where Eliot was taking pizzas out of the oven.

She gave them slight smiles, but she kept her eyes on the floor. She couldn't look at them, she was embarrassed they had to see her like this.

Hades patted the stool next to him, so she took a seat and put her hands together, playing with her fingers and peeling at the skin.

He put his hand on top of hers and squeezed them, making her stop.

"Don't do that." He frowned.

She stopped, instead playing with the napkins on the table. Her favorite pizza was placed in front of her with cheese sticks and a glass of Coca Cola.

She smiled meekly at Jonathan, hr offered her a gentle smile back, smoothing her hair down and giving her a kiss.

They all sat down and started eating, it was silent, they were all thinking about the next step and what to do, Nevaeh trying not to think about him and the men thinking of him.

Nevaeh didn't eat much, just taking small bites and nibbling on the crust.

She ate two slices before she pushed the tray away, her stomach was in knots, she wouldn't be able to keep anything down if she ate more.

The men noticed but didn't say anything, letting her do what she feels comfortable with, and if she didn't feel like eating they'll not push her.

They finished in silence then stood up, she helped clean the kitchen before going up the stairs to get dressed.

They led her to a room where all her stuff was kept, she rummaged through her bag, taking out beige pants and a white turtle neck, a beige sweater on top with black combat boots.

She didn't bother with her appearance, keeping her hair down and her face bare, she just ran her fingers through her hair to tame it down and she was done, she sprayed from one of the perfumes the men have gotten her and then made her way downstairs.

The men were already waiting for her near the door, quietly talking with each other. A white coat was draped over Eliot's arm.

She made her way towards them, giving them a small smile as her eyes took them in from head to toe, all in dark suits and tight button ups that made their bodies look edible.

She looked up when she felt a warm hand cup her cheek, Angel was staring at her softly, leaning down and kissing her gently and letting his lips linger for a bit before he moved away. Jonathan draped the coat over her shoulders.

They went to the car, Nevaeh sitting on Hades' lap as she stared outside the window, it was gloomy, the clouds huddled together and creating a big black fog, eating the sky.

It was at times like these that she remembers all these days and weeks when she spent them looking out the window alone, whether in the orphanage, her foster homes, her dorm, simply everywhere.

This, this was the first time she didn't let any bad memories come with the bad weather, she didn't let the gloomy thoughts return with the gloomy sky, she didn't let a black cloud form in her head.

She hopes it stays that way.

Her hands laced with Hades', letting them warm her cold ones and playing with his rings, she played with his fingers when he massaged hers, she truly appreciates them.

She loves them.

That's the whole thing she's been feeling with them this whole time, love.

They gave her the love her family didn't give her, the care, the affection, they gave her all of that and so much more.

She loves them.

She smiled at the thought, but an even bigger smile appeared at the thought of them loving her back.

Her phone vibrating in her pocket snapped her train of thoughts, she saw a message from Jade, just checking up on her and asking if they're coming by later.

She responded before putting her phone back in her pocket.

It was a forty minute drive to where they're going, yet she still has no idea where, only some friends of theirs.

They arrived shortly after, Theodore pulling up near a black gate, two guards standing near the gate.

He rolled down the window, speaking to the guard in a different language. The guard spoke through his earpiece before nodding and opening the gate.

They drove down a bit more before finally reaching a huge garden like space.

A big fountain sitting in the middle, SUV's and other expensive black cars parked outside. She stared at the mansion in front of her with furrowed brows.

Theo parked and got out, the others doing the same, Hades lifting her off his lap and setting her feet down gently on the floor.

They got out and we're met by a guard who walked them to the front door, writing a code on the pad attached to the wall.

They went inside and Nevaeh was immediately wrapped in a warmth she's never felt before, it was something different. She couldn't put her finger on it.

Her eyes wondered to the beautiful interior of the house, it felt homey, a different kind of homey when she's with the guys.

"Mr Santiago is waiting for you." The guard spoke, his voice sharp.

She glanced at them, seeing their cold expressions.

She opened her mouth to speak before her eyes widened in horror as she felt something metal press to the back of her head.

"What the fuck?!"