Potter manor, Mystic falls - part 2

(I'm not very good at describing rooms or the manor, which is why there are pictures)

George's POV

The argument between my mum and I was something that I knew was coming for a while, there was an unresolved tension that lingered whenever we were in the same room together and we all could feel it. My relationship with her, Ron and Ginny had never been a good one, my brothers and I all agreed that the two youngest were unnaturally spoilt and despite not having much money, they always got what they wanted. Of course, now we know where the money was coming from and when Raven had told me about their betrayal, I felt physically sick and yet, I wasn't all too surprised that they could do something so horrible to another person. They had always been bitter and jealous of those with money and fame, they never quite understood why our family couldn't be like everyone else and they made sure to let our dad know how much they were disappointed in his career choice.

Deciding to leave Britain was risky and I had my doubt about going to Raven at first, not knowing how she would react to me walking into the life that she had made for herself elsewhere. I had expressed those feelings to her and received a well-deserved scolding, she had firmly stated that I would forever be welcome and she was somewhat hurt that I would think of her that way. After much apologising, she had forgiven me and allowed me to move in, which was quite frankly the best decision I ever made.

I hadn't expected our relationship to develop into anything else, though I accepted my feelings for her many years beforehand but had little to no hope of her feeling the same. Now, knowing we are on the same page and having her in my arms whenever I wanted, was a feeling that I had been craving without even knowing. When she decided to leave New Orleans, I had thought our time together was coming to an end but once again, my assumptions were proven wrong and demanded I pack my belongings.

When we arrived at Mystic falls, my first initial thought was how calm the town was. I hadn't spent much time in muggle London, we wizards and witches would rather stay in the magical community where it was safe but after the war, I had ventured out in hopes to get my mind off of Fred's death. It helped a little but nothing would ever truly be the same again, how could it? My twin brother, the person I shared everything with, was gone and I didn't know how to live with that fact. I have found out since then, that Raven fills a void within me, not the one that Fred left but one that I never noticed I had. Of course, now we knew it was the mate bond that was unfulfilled until recently, though it would be fully complete when we have intercourse for the first time, according to her research.

The exterior of the manor was breathtaking, it was as if I had appeared in another dimension and suddenly had the home that I had always dreamed to have as a child. When Raven declared it to be our home, instead of just hers, I felt my heart skip a beat and a ton of butterflies in my stomach. Truth be told, I could live in a little cabin in the middle of nowhere, as long as I had Raven by my side, despite her fame and wealth, she is still the same girl I had met on the platform in her first year. The sweet and confused girl with a sassy attitude and loyalty that had no bounds.

After Teller and Riley, our house elves showed us the ground floor, which was a lot more modern and bright than I had anticipated, they escorted us to the first floor.

"This is where the bedrooms are, master and mistress. The master bedroom is this way" Teller jumped up and down in excitement, making me chuckle at how adorable they were. Fred and I had always gotten along with the Hogwarts elves and were even able to pull them into some of our pranks.

We stopped off at what looked like the largest room, assuming from the double doors which were different from the single ones that stood all across the hall. The door was made of beautiful grey oak with the Potter crest carved into the wood. I caught Raven's eye and I could see the excitement but also a twinge of sadness, which made me confused at first until I remembered that at one point, her parents and grandparents had stayed in this very room. I grabbed hold of her hand and placed my lips softly on her knuckles, making her smile with a small blush that appeared on her cheeks.