101

Lillian's pov

Stefani's kind of worked up. She shouldn't be but I know it's because she cares about me and that I should be treated with respect. However, I have no romantic interests with Kent. I can easily use the number of times things got ugly between him and Stefani as a reason why because it really does make me uncomfortable on how down low things will get within a blink of an eye.

I don't care who he sleeps with because I haven't slept with him since me and Stefani first started sleeping together. She probably think I'd be paranoid to hold off on sex again until I get tested after realizing how many women Kent's slept with.

Probably not and would support it by getting tested along with me too. Then pay extra as hush money to keep the clinic from going public- and if they did, it'd be a lawsuit for not enforcing the privacy policy and then she'd get her money back plus the money from the suit so she can reinvest the profit into making more future profits- sounds about right.

Just thinking about Stefani makes smile at random times.

"Lillian," my mom's voice caught my ear as I finished getting ready.

"Yes mom?" I opened the door and her eyes widened taking me in.

"Just beautiful as always," she warmly smiled as I let her in.

"Stefani's eating along with everyone else. But I couldn't turn a blind eye towards the small bickering between her and Cheryl," she caught my eye.

"I planned to talk to Cheryl about that," I softly laughed.

"Stefani's very insightful about things and I don't wish to stir the pot anymore than what is," she went on.

"Any chance you know about Kent walking in through the front door rather than this one?" I couldn't look away from her as she spoke.

"I wish I knew but I already talked to Stefani about it and made sure it was clear that she shouldn't take matters into her own hands- not over the holidays... let alone her birthday. She should be able to enjoy herself," I softly smiled and she smiled back as well.

"Probably for the best, she knows how to rile up a crowd," my mom made me laugh.

"Among other things," I couldn't help myself.

"Speaking of other things... I love you very much. Merry Christmas," she takes in my hands.

"I love you too, and Merry Christmas," I kissed the top of her head and we headed downstairs together.

"You gave her how much?!" Chase was losing it.

"I gave your sister a $700 shopping gift card as a Christmas present," Stefani rolled her eyes.

"That's so uncool! After all the effort I pu-

"Your gym membership has been paid two years advanced. Literally shut up unless it's a 'thank you' I'm hearing next," Stefani yawned out of boredom.

"I- uh- I...." Chase's uncertainty made Stefani's brow cock back with a subtle smirk.

"You're welcome," she walked behind him and planted a kiss to the side of his cheek making him turn a light shade of pink and her hands linger as she walks away from him as he self reflects.

"The girls at his school are going to eat him up alive," she greets my mother and the two are laughing.

I couldn't help but shake my head with a smile but it quickly faded with this lingering thought.

"Stefani, a word please?" I gently placed my hand on the back of her left shoulder and guided her away.

"No chance to respond?" She joked.