You/Esdeath - Revelations

(13 Years Ago)

(13 Years Ago)

The chief was brutal with you. He expected perfection from everything you did and you weren't sure why. He pulled you aside for extra lessons and even made you pick up weapons that the other kids in the clan would never touch for how difficult they were to handle. The only one who would often partake in the extra trainings was the chief's daughter.

She only stuck around when he father asked her to train with you. While you liked having her around, you didn't enjoy training with her. You never understood how to please her father when the two of you training together. If you defeated Esdeath, he grew angry at you for hurting his daughter. If you were defeated, he grew angry for being so weak. The chief was never pleased with your performance.

Arriving early than usual to your morning training, the chief met up with you halfway.

"We're changing things today. I want you to go to the lake by the forest to fish until you fill this bucket. I don't want you to return until it's filled. You're only allowed to use your bare hands and a spear. Got it?"

"Yes sir."

You quickly grabbed the bucket and hurry to the lake. He hadn't given you a time to return so you figured he was timing you on how fast you could finish your task.

X

You could see the fire just a few feet away from the lake. Although you knew it was coming from the village, you hoped that wasn't the case. Tossing the bucket of fish, you hurried to help.

When you arrived, you forced yourself to walk among the dead bodies for any survivors. Finding your parents, you only spared them a couple of minutes to utter a silent prayer before continuing on your search. It wasn't until the very end when you arrived to find the chief.

"Sir!" You hurried to help him but he stopped you. "I can save you. Just hold on!"

"Stop it! Quit wasting your energy on me. You need to leave. Run away before they return. M..my daughter, I sent her away. Find her and keep her safe."

All the extra trainings made sense. The chief was training you to be Esdeath's guard. You should be furious that your choice had been taken away but you were strangely okay with the position that you were just given.

"I'll find her and keep her safe."

"Take my band, you've earned it."

Nodding, you removed the band from his head. After a quick goodbye, you ran off in the direction of the single footprints.

X

(Present)

You waited until the man stopped moving before removing your mask to clean the blood. You normally wouldn't care over the blood but you were going to meet with Esdeath. She demanded perfection from anyone that worked under her and a dirty uniform was not tolerated.