15 - Run

Faye

I wake up the following day, slightly shaking due to the cold air in the room, and tuck myself better in the bedsheet. Jungkook is sleeping sound and quite behind me, his hand grabbing on my boob while his heated body is keeping me warm.

Last night was a disaster.

If embarrassment itself had a face, it would have mine. This was the last time I got drunk. And not because I cannot remember, although now it would have been an excellent time for a blackout.

I do remember everything in detail. But it's obvious I can't make the right decisions.

I should not have called him and lied about losing my keys. What was I thinking? Us not talking for two weeks was going well until I decided to fuck it up. Embarrassing. Utterly embarrassing.

I slowly move his hand from my body and swing my feet on my cold floor. I only need to get my stuff from the bathroom and call for a cab before he wakes up. Sounds easy, right? It's the first time I'm doing the walk of shame, and I can already imagine the taxi driver's judgemental glare once he sees me.

"You're not seriously sneaking out, are you?"

Shit.

I freeze, the back of my neck itches, and my heartbeats slow down like they are dropped in molasses. I turn around, ashamed, my eyes meeting Jungkook's, who is sitting on the bed shirtless.

"I'm not sneaking out. I did not want to wake you up."

"Leaving without telling is what sneaking out means."

He holds the stare, and my pulse flutters as he gets up and comes closer to me, giving me a censorious look. His gaze burns like an ice cube melting on my skin, my nerves vibrating deep down, and the silence fills with the drum of my heartbeat.

"Well, you're awake now. So I am not sneaking out."

I tear my gaze away and go to the bathroom to pick up my clothes which smell like beer and poor choices. I feel so uncomfortable I can't explain it in words. The fact that I need to dress up with this dress and leave like a hooker makes my stomach sick.

Somehow anticipating my state of shame and embarrassment, Jungkook comes to the bathroom with a pair of joggers and a T-shirt. I am in no position to refuse his clothes, so I take them without saying anything and get changed.