𖥻 chapter thirty one

"respectful boy

"respectful boy."

꒰🏁꒱

"ava yoon! ace! in! wheels! ava yoon! ace! in! wheels! ava yoon! ace! in─"

"nora! keep it down!" ava giggles and pushes her friend lightly, as they both walk to their respective pit stops with the biggest smiles. the second last race of the season has just ended, with ava yet again finishing first.

victory's one sweet drug she can't get enough of, and she understands why heeseung was so obsessed with it ─ it makes her feel high, as if floating on cloud nine.

she doesn't want this to end.

"how can i? my best friend is finally showing them nasty ass bitches that she's worthy of the title. be proud of yourself bestie~!" nora exclaims and jumps up and down as they reach ava's pit stop.

"i don't like boasting." "but it's not boasting ava, it's flexing." "it's literally the same thing in gen z!" as she opens the big door, she's met with a group of five people jumping up and down in a small circle, chanting ever so loudly. "hey guys!"

"there she is! the queen of gumball!"

jungwon runs up to her & lifts her up, shaking her body as he jumps up and down. "you showed them once again! congrats bubs!" he exclaims, putting her down and placing a quick kiss on her cheek. "congrats!"

"thanks wonie." she pinches his cheek & moves further into the room, taking off her jacket. "and thank you guys as well!" she coos and throws a wink at tim, who gasps & turns around to hide his red face.

"celebrate?" nadia suggests and pulls a box of beers from inside ava's closet, making the brunette's brows crease in confusion. "bought 'em some minutes ago." she explains & places the heavy item on the table, ripping it open.

"actually." nora suddenly chimes in ─ after pushing max off her. "the racers are waiting for us at the pub. we'll be celebrating the last two races there."

"oh!" ava exclaims, nodding her head with a small pout. "you guys can... tag along! right?" she diverts the last part at nora, expecting a positive answer. her friend shakes her head. "ya know the rules, crews can't join."

"such a stupid rule! who even came up with that?" laurie grunts and goes up to the box, snatching a can of beer and popping it open. nora chuckles at her words. "i mean, imagine fourteen racers plus seventy people in that tiny place!"

"makes sense." ava hisses & waves at the five individuals in the room, lips a little pouty. "let's hang out tomorrow! my treat." she suggests, their cheers & happy screams following her as she & nora leave.