003, 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐰𝐨𝐫𝐝𝐬 𝐢 𝐰𝐢𝐬𝐡 𝐢 𝐬𝐚𝐢𝐝

DEAR, EX

ALL TOO WELL taylor swift

!!after we collided movie/book spoilers

that day, when scar got home, she sat on her bed and opened her binder, pulling out her chemistry notes to study for the upcoming quiz.

as she's looking over the notes, she notices a few points are missing. so she gets up and walks out of her room and down the stairs, greeting her mother as she reaches the kitchen. "hey, mom?"

"yeah?" her mom replies.

"where are sky's old chem notes from senior year?" scarlett refers to her older sister, who's now in college. she always looked up to her sister. skyler was a hard worker, got great grades, and got into an amazing college because of it. scar aspired to be like her, she always has.

"uhh... the basement, i think." her mother tells her, so scarlett turns around on her heel and walks over to the basement door, then opens it. she hasn't been in the basement ever since the breakup, and she gets a strange sense of deja vu as she closes the door behind her and flips on the light, walking down the carpet stairs.

when she reaches the bottom, she turns to the right, knowing that the left is her dad's 'mancave'. when he is even home, he's usually in there. but today, he of course is on a business trip.

she looks around for a bit, attempting to find the box. at one point, she spots pieces of paper slightly spilling out of the edges of a box. so she approaches it and pulls it from the shelf, then makes her way to her room.

she darts up the stairs, wanting time to study (since tomorrow she'll barely have any, going to a party).

when she reaches her room after thanking her mom, she jumps onto her bed and sets the box in front of her.

her hands rest on the top as she opens it, and sadly enough, her eyes aren't met with chemistry notes.

they're met with letters.

she picks the top one up and reads it.

dear chris, september 3, 2019

hi chris!! i'm still grounded but i wanted to talk to you. i think i'm getting ungrounded in like a week or a few days.

okay so not much happened today. i studied a lot and finally convinced my mom to let me go to the mall and buy you, matt, and nick gifts. i'm really sorry i couldn't come over for your birthday, even if it was a month ago. apparently asking my mom to ground me for failing a test probably wasn't the best choice. but she was only supposed to ground me for like a week. turns out a month was the right choice.