Chapter 26 - Zero Toleration For Zaicim Sadness

'Thoughts'
"Speak"

~~~~~~~~~~

You slowly opened your eyes. The bright sunlight blinded you and you closed your eyes again. "From the horrible feeling Paimon's getting, those eerie ruins are super likely to be related to this fate weaving operation." You heard Paimon spoke. You slowly opened your eyes again and adjusted to the light. You looked around and saw that you were all still with Dain, but were beside an inactive ruin guard. Looking up, you saw Zaicim's face staring into the distance, ignoring everything that was being talked about. The expression he made was... somewhat unnerving. He seemed... very pissed about something.

Zaicim blinked and his foul expression went away within a split second and he looked down at you

Zaicim blinked and his foul expression went away within a split second and he looked down at you. "You're awake... it's good to know you're somewhat fine." He said as you stretched and then climbed up to his shoulder. He smiled softly as he watched you, and Paimon looked at you when she noticed you woke up. "Hey, y/ns awake now!" She said as Aether and Dain turned to look at you. Aether smiled and walked up to pet you. "It is good to know that you are t doing well. Allow me to fill you in on what has happened." Dainsleif said while Paimon gave him a questioning look. "But aren't they a cat? Why would they need to know that?... Umm, Zaicim, why are you looking at Paimon like that?... Stop giving Paimon that look, it's scary!" Paimon said as Zaicim gave her a glare worse than the one he had on before.

Dainsleif told you that they found that the abyss was planning something major, and that they keyword he found in a talisman connected to the abyss herald on an abyss mage said all of this. The keyword he found was Loom of Fate. "Now, allow me to tell you all what I can understand. In short, the first phase of the plan is related Osial, overlord of the vortex." He explained. "The overlord of the vortex? You mean that god in the ocean?!" Paimon said as Zaicim slowly, veerry slowly stopped glaring at her. "We weren't able to destroy it last time. It was just crushed by the jade chamber." Aether said as he stopped petting you. "What do they want with Osial?" Paimon asked with worry. "Could it be the same as Dvalin?" Aether asked.

"I know of your past heroics regarding Dvalin, and I also knew of the abyss order's role in the stormterror incident. Though you may not have been aware of it at the time, you were thwarting an abyss order operation similar to this one." Dainsleif said. "Last time it was Venti's old friend, this time it's a huge ancient god! The abyss order keeps setting their sights higher and higher. Will the abyss order use their lies and dark magic to corrupt Osial, just like they did with Dvalin?" Paimon said as all of the NNBs came out of some sort of mini hibernation from within Zaicim's jacket and swarmed you. "No... from the contents of the talisman, they plan to go further. They won't just corrupt Osial's mind. They also plan to use ancient technology from before kheanriah's destruction to transform Osial's body." He explained.

"Is... that even possible? So wait, the abyss order wants some sort of... cybernetic squid god pf destruction?!" Paimon asked. "These nicknames keep getting longer!" Aether said as you saw Zaicim's eyes side eye the abyss mage at the side. Weather it was dead or not, who knows. He just glared at it and you could see his fists clenching ang unclenching... "You good? Need a snicker bar or something?" You asked concerned. "Ah, sorry, I... I'm fine." He said as his body relaxed. "Very few people today truly understand the civilization of khaenriah. Though, of course, the accuracy of that understanding itself is difficult to judge. Only the abyss order has consistently sought out the remnants of khaenriah. Despite being human, they seek put this lost human civilisation quite persistently. The talisman's message states that they will use the defiled statue as a base, attaching Osial's limbs to create a mechanized god. And the new core that shall replace the orb usually held by the statue... is the eye of the first field tiller."