Two

Lana decided to wait until the next day to go see her daughter she laid there on her bed thinking about her daughter and thinking how much of an idiot she was to have let her go. As for Amanda she was in her room having dinner since her parents were at her brothers' soccer practice. She removed her makeup then hopped into the shower by this time her parents were home she went to say goodnight then went to bed. She had a love/hate relationship with the night because her mind always wondered the stupidest things but she hated the night because she thought about her birth mother Amanda didn't have the smallest clue that her birth mom would be thinking about her she thought that she was living her life and that she had totally forgotten about her. Amanda awoke the next day high wasted shorts black converse and a tucked in graphic tee her hair made into a messy bun.
Her mom, Susan had made her pancakes bacon and hand squeezed orange juice since today was her day off of work.
"Morning sweetheart how did you sleep?" said Susan giving Amanda a hug.
"Pretty good" smiled Amanda sitting down and eating.
She ate fast and her mom drove her to school. Her first period was always the best because it was quiet everyone was either sleeping or too tired to talk Amanda liked this because she could focus better. Second period was always a bust she had gym and absolutely detested it. Third was English honors she liked reading but didn't like reading with other people so that class was also a little uncomfortable for her. During her lunch she went to the school library where she read a book while snacking on almonds and berries. She had friends its just that she was always the outcast she didn't like getting too close to people because she was scarred they were going to leave her. Meanwhile Lana was getting ready to go see Amanda she decided to go to drive to her house.
"Maybe I shouldn't" said Lana to herself she had been wanting and not wanting to see her daughter for the past year finally she made the decision
"No you can't chicken out not this time Lana" she said
She drove for what seemed like an eternity but really it was only two hours. Finally she got to Amanda's house and knocked on the door.
"Hello my names Lana" she said introducing herself to a blond thin lady.
"Hello i'm Susan may I help you?" she said smiling
"Well actually i'm here to see your daughter Amanda?"
"Oh come in please" said Susan
"Thank you"
"So what happened with Amanda?" said Susan a bit concerned
"I don't know how to tell you this but i'm her mother"
"What?"
"I'm her mother" said Lana
"I don't know what you're talking about"
"Well I gave her up for adoption fourteen years ago in Los Angeles"
"You're that mom?"
"Yeah"
"You have no idea how much Amanda has cried and cried every night since we told her she was adopted two weeks ago she is still upset with me and my husband, David and honestly I don't know if it would be the best for her to meet you at this time."
"You're right i'm sorry to both-"
"Susan i'm home" said David
"Hey honey this is Lana she's um Mandy's birth mom"
"What?" said David
"Yeah"
"No wait this can't be right"
"What" asked Susan puzzled.
"She's the woman that plays the Evil Queen on Once Upon A Time that show Amanda obsesses over" said David
"No wonder she looked so familiar" said Susan now realizing who she was
"Wait sorry to interrupt but she likes Once Upon A Time?" said Lana
"Yeah she loves it" said Susan
She knows who I am thought Lana to herself smiling a little.
"Lana is it? I'm not sure it would be the right thing for Amanda to meet you now I don't want her to be more hurt than she already is and also you i'm afraid that she won't take you the right way." said David
"I understand" said Lana
"Wait if you really want to meet her you can stay and meet her she's about to be home" said Susan
"Really? I don't want to bother you or her i'm afraid what you said is going to be true" she said fiddling with her fingers.
"She is a very strong girl i'm sure she'll be okay you've been waiting for a long time to see her" said Susan
"Yeah don't get us wrong we want you to see her we just don't want her to receive you the wrong way but like my wife said Amanda is a very strong girl i'm sure she can handle it" said David
"She'll be home in about 10 minutes" smiled Susan
10 Minutes repeated Lana in her head.