Chapter 33

Author pov

It has been half an hour since we entered our house, and since then, Pallavi and Masi Dadi haven't left Ruhaan's side. Whereas Raghav (Ruhaan's father), Vivaan, and Dadi are looking at their drama with boring eyes. Siya is enjoying their love and silently chuckles at Ruhaan's irritated face, who was rolling his eyes at his mother's unnecessary worry.

"Ma, I am perfectly fine," he assures her for the nth time. She still looked at her son with worried eyes and was unsatisfied with his reply. Seeing this, he sighs and lovingly kisses her head while smiling in her direction.

"Don't stress yourself, my Jaan," he said as he squeezed her cheek lightly, making her giggle at her son's antics. "How could I not? When were my children in trouble and pain?" She kissed Siya's forehead affectionately, who was sitting on her other side.

"Arre yrr, it is getting emotional. Leave them now, Mumma." Vivaan whined, looking at his family, as he didn't like this gloomy and emotional environment. Jumping, he sat next to Siya and took the box that she bought with her. He asked excitedly, seeing ladoos in it.

"What are these for, Bhabhi? Can I eat them? They smell so good." Looking at his puppy eyes, she nodded her head with a smile.

Turning to the right, her eyes met her husband's, who looked at her with a teasing smirk while eyeing those ladoos. Her eyes widen at his teasing, and she gazes at him cutely. She again turns towards Vivaan, who smiles at her while his mouth is stuffed with ladoo.

"They must be tired from the journey; let them rest. Good night, my babies." Dadi announced and patted Ruhaan and Siya's heads. She went to her room along with Masi Dadi, who also patted their heads lovingly, which made Siya very happy.

Ruhaan smacks Vivaan's head lightly, who is eating ladoos like he has been hungry for ages. Seeing him unaffected, he shakes his head while Siya just giggles. Rolling his eyes at him, Ruhaan went upstairs with Siya behind him.

In the room
Siya pov

I just took a bath after having a long talk with Ma and Pihu, and I changed into my night clothes. It feels so good to be back home—my home.

I arranged the bed, sat on it, and started scrolling on my phone. Ruhaan Ji entered the room, rubbing his wet hair with a towel and putting a towel on a hanger to dry. He lay down with a sigh. "Siya, it is late; put our phone aside and sleep," he said, motioning for me to lie down.

Putting my phone on the nightstand, I face him with a small smile, making him raise one eyebrow at me. I giggled seeing his face; it's not that he was looking funny or something. I am just happy for an unknown reason.

Pulling me towards him by my waist, he whispered in a husky voice, "What's so amusing, huh?" I gulp hard seeing him so close to me, and his soft yet husky voice hypnotizes me. I love his voice, God.

"I am asking something?" He moves closer to my face so that our noses are about to touch. "N..no..thing"

Suddenly, I gasped and fisted his t-shirt tightly on his waist as I felt his fingers caressing my waist under my kurti ever so lightly, making a shiver run down my spine and goosebumps rise in my skin.

"I like you like this, in my arms," he whispers, looking into my eyes while removing a hair strand from my forehead. "Ruhaan Ji, I like you," I suddenly told him. His eyes widen slightly, and his fingers stop moving on my waist for a second.

I can't keep my feelings within me for long, so I confess them to him. I didn't want to give him a heart attack by saying that I loved him. I believe in one step at a time. Hu na mein samajdaar, haina. (*raising her imaginary collar)