Chapter 3

It was a normal day. As normal, you can get after almost the whole school knows about you and Nate being siblings. You got used to the contest nagging from the girls. However, you didn't expect a puppet looking for you.

They aren't actual puppets but just people that are loyal to the four kings. These puppets will do anything for them all for different reasons. Some want to date them, others want to be them. The most common one is then just wanting attention from the kings. You haven't explained the kings.

The four kings are the four most popular guys in school. Every year a king graduates leaving space for the freshmen king. When a king graduates the current kings choose a new one. The freshmen have a week to impress them before the three kings come to a decision.

You would love to say there are four queens. However, when this school did try queens it didn't turn out pretty. I think the freshmen queen was murdered. Of course, they erased her existence from this school. Anyway back to the puppet.

"Are you (Y/n)?" Theo asked.

Theodore West, a puppet of the four kings. He would be a king if it wasn't for his twin brother, Leo West. He only does it in the hope that they will let both of them be kings. He prefers to be called Theo. He shares the same golden blonde hair and amethyst eyes. At first glance, you can't tell the difference between them but once you learn their habits it's easy. On the trust meter, I give him a five. You can never trust a twin. He is a sophomore.

"No, I think you have the wrong person. Why do you need her?" You learned how to talk about yourself in case you ever needed to. Today is the day it comes in handy.

"I don't know. Reese just said to get her. You do match the description he gave too." He looked you up and down. "Are you sure that you're not (Y/n)?"

He just won't give up. "I'm pretty sure I know who I am." You were trying desperately to get him to leave me alone.

"I'm just going to take you to him just in case." Shit. You forgot he was the smart twin. He grabbed my wrist and started dragging me.

"I told you I'm not her." You tried to stop him.

"You're a smart one. But you should have realized that a normal girl would lie to meet the kings. I was also informed you would do that too." Theo tightened his grip. "Don't worry you'll only be meeting Leo seeing as you already know Reese."

You should have known. You should have said yes. No, you would still get dragged for looking like yourself. This was a lose-lose situation. People were glancing at you two and trying to figure out if it was Leo or Theo.

When the dragging was finally done Reese greeted you. "Hello (Y/n)!" He smiled.

"Reese." You stared blankly.

"Where did that energy from last night go? You don't act so cold with Nate. I have to say I'm a little offended." He scoffed, you rolled your eyes and searched for Leo.

"Oh yeah, I pretended to be Theo. You sure are an interesting character." He finally let go of your wrist.

Leo West, one of the four kings. He is amazing at acting. He usually gets the lead in school plays. I can see why since he got past my system for identifying them. His trust meter is the same as Theo's, a five.

"Can I leave now? I already told you Reese I don't want to get involved." I glanced at the clock. "Bye Nate's waiting for me."

"Nope, you have to get to know Leo. He's a great guy." He blocked my path. You did your first instinct, kick him in the family jewels. He fell to the ground, and you walked past him. You met with Nate.

"We need to get home now." You grabbed his hand and started running. He didn't ask any questions, and you two made it home without encountering Reese.