Chapter 20, Act I - The Minor Gods Get Honored.

There was silence in the throne room, so I continued. "Even if the Crooked One isn't rising, it would be a good preventative measure, and it's not like the minor gods haven't earned it, after centuries of kowtowing to all of you. The Hermes cabin is cramped, and the kids are bitter. Those unclaimed kids won't fight for you, and as much as you all don't like to admit it, you need them. You need worship." Zeus started to speak, but I was on a roll.

"But first, I do have some unique gifts for a large portion of the council, if I may be permitted to give them." Apollo perked up at the mention of gifts. "You may provide us gifts, however—" There was a clamoring as gods started asking for gifts.

Hey, don't judge. Gods are greedy, I'm just using that! Don't say I'm bribing them! How dare you accuse me, a member of the Hermes cabin, of bribery?

"Firstly, Artemis. I give you the pelt of the Chimera. It served me well in the fight against Ares, and it saved our lives in doing so. It's precisely like Nemean Lion fur." I tossed it in the hearth, and it appeared in the goddess' hands. She nodded at me, and I carried on.

"To Apollo, I provide a transcript of what approximately occurred on our journey. Feel free to use it how you wish." I tossed a book into the fire, and Apollo opened it, flicking through it. He sent me a grin.

"For Poseidon, a Minotaur horn from the Minotaur his son had slain on his way to camp." I tossed the spare Minotaur horn into the fire. It appeared in the sea god's lap, and he beamed at me.

"Hera, Zeus, and Hermes, I will provide your gifts in private. As for Dionysus, I have a vial of Styx water. Use it as you will." I offered, tossing it into the flames. Dionysus shrugged, slipping it in his pocket.

"For Aphrodite, I offer the same. I theorized it may be worth experimenting with to put in various beauty products." I proposed, placing it in the fire once again. Aphrodite blew a kiss. I tried not to gag.

"To Hephaestus, I offer all the same. I had wondered whether it could be used to fuel a machine, or to reinforce material in some way." I said, providing him the last vial, leaving Demeter, Athena, and Ares. Ares, of course, wasn't there. He got nothing.

"Athena, I did not have much as a gift for you, but if you wish, you can take me in to pick my brain, not literally, of course. I find you may be intrigued by more than a few things." I offered. The goddess of wisdom's eyes bore into mine, calculating as ever, but she nodded.

"Demeter, I'm afraid I did not get you anything, either, though if you remain after with Hera, Zeus, and Hermes, you may be intrigued by what I have to offer you." I told her. She nodded, and the gift-giving was concluded. "We will reconvene shortly to decide on whether to accept Nikomedes' wish." Zeus declared.

Gods left the throne room, to return when Zeus called, leaving Hestia, my questmates, Zeus, Hera, Demeter, and Hermes.

"Lord Zeus, I offer you an opportunity to revive your daughter. I cannot do it currently, and it will need to wait for a year to pass, but it can be done." Zeus looked shocked. "Elaborate, demigod." He demanded. "Thalia can be brought from the brink of death by the Golden Fleece. I know the coordinates where I can find it, and a quest for it is due to be issued for it next year. I intend to go so I can revive your daughter." I explained.

"I would be grateful if you could do such a thing." He said, quickly turning back to his throne, growing to fit it. I'm gonna guess he didn't want to show much emotion or care for Thalia. Next up was Hera. "I know what you're planning. The plan is probably in its beginning stages, but I offer assistance." That was all it took to convince Hera. She gave a crooked grin, and went back to her throne.

Hermes was next. "I am in the process of securing a favor from Hades. I'm also aware what comes after this war, and Luke can be returned that way as well. I'm offering a promise that I will try my best to return Luke to life, after he dies, so he can fulfill his fate, and can live a true life after, not held by Fate." Hermes smiled, a shocked look spreading across his face.