ㅡ『19』

┍━━━━━✿━━━━━┑
Chapter 19
Phenomenon
┕━━━━━✿━━━━━┙

A WEEK, EDWARD HAD RETURNED after a week. They didn't expect him to stay there long, but they also didn't expect him to return so early. Imagine their surprise when the boy appeared on their doorway at 5 AM with his suit case.

"I thought you needed to get away to sort yourself out." Sebastian asked, eyeing the telepath. "What's got you coming back in such an early notice?"

Edward replied, not looking back. "I'm good."

Or was he really? Of course, he believed that. But how do we know that he's not lying to himself? Edward felt some longing for something, or someone rather.

"I'm watching you Cullen." The Donovan taunted. "Welcome Back."

"Your duality scares me." Edward smirked, liking the current conversation. "Are you sure you're not bipolar?"

"Are you sure you're not a hypocrite?" The other thought.

"What does that supposed to mean?"

The two of you were interrupted when the patriarch and the matriarch joined the room, greeting their family member who once returned.

     "It's good to have you back Edward."

     The drive to the school was unusually quiet. Edward didn't bring his car today, claiming that the engine needed a rest after his journey. And so, he rode with the others on Emmett's Jeep. The other couple using the newly fixed Corvette.

Switching off the engine, all of them stepped out of the openness. Already getting used of the stares of the other students.

But Sebastian did wonder what was the reaction if the other girl waiting for his brother the other day. He scanned the area to find no one who had the same brunette hair and a rather pale complexion. But the beat down orange truck was already there.

"She must've entered class earlier." He thought, turning around and looking back to the others.

But as he did, the telepath was already staring at him incredulously. Why was he interested in Bella? He wondered, not liking the idea even an ounce. "What's it to you?"

Realizing what his reaction was, Sebastian chuckled loudly, garnering the attention of those around them. Finding real amusement at his gaze. Of course he felt that way, he's Edward! A jealous Edward.

"I'm not into brunettes." Sebastian stated, cocking an eyebrow. Edward looked back with an unimpressed stare while Emmett's face carved up in amusement.

And before he could say the next sentence, with the perfect timing, Rosalie had joined his side. "I'm more into Blondes." He teased, looking straight into her topaz eyes.

Getting caught of guard, memories of the previous night had flooded her mind. The blonde beauty couldn't fight back the smile that's gnawing its way on her face. Before she knew it, he siblings were already saw it.

"Holy shi— she smiled! What the fuck?" Emmett's booming voice echoed throughout the entrance of the school. Now the students are wondering what the hell was happening.