Chapter 25

We get back in the car after putting her luggage in the boot. She has been moody when she returns, I look at her to see her eyes pinched and the corner of her mouth go down in anger.

I can obviously read that she met her roommate, and their conversation didn't turn out well. How can it even turn out well? She betrayed her and what could she even say to her to justify her actions?

She is hurt and I don't know if I should rather take her home for her to feel better, maybe alone.

"Do you wanna talk about it?" I break the silence.

She sniffs so as not to shed tears, her eyes and eyelids turning red.

"It doesn't matter right?" She asks in a gulp.

"Of course not," I answer in my calm voice. "But you will feel better if you let it out,"

With that, she looks into my eyes which meet my gaze. I'm so sad about how she feels that I begin to hate it seeing tears welling up in her eyes.

"She told me that they had been having affairs before I asked Nicho out and she couldn't tell me so as not to hurt my feelings," She explains.

"What!" I exclaim, furrowing my brows. She eventually hurt her feelings and not only that, they wasted her time. What kind of friend she is or does she think Karen would never be aware of their secrets?

I think I'm taking it too far as I begin to feel guilty about wanting to play her also.

She scoffs a little before she proceeds.

"I'm just embarrassed and feel bad for asking Nicholas out in the first place," She adds, staring intently at her hands as she starts to pick the skin around her nails.

"There is nothing wrong with a lady asking a guy out," I say. "You just wooed the wrong guy," I add and she looks up at me again while I nod yes, verifying what I said.

"Should we head home?" I continue.

She exhales loudly with her eyes closed, seeming to pull herself together.

"No," She then retorts. "Enough of this. I don't want to talk about them anymore and I'm heeding your advice, go out and have fun with no love, no dates, just fun." She rambles while I'm just staring at her, grinning.

It implies she is still hurt but she is trying to be strong and let go. That is absolutely what she needs.

"It's true that everyone will be served breakfast," She adds putting on a weak smile.

Now she is talking. To be served breakfast is a Nigerian common slang which means everyone will have a taste of heartbreak.

"And the sooner you know, the better," I back up.

"Exactly," She reacts and buckles up.

"So?" I shrug, smiling.

"So?" She repeats, reading my face. "Take me to your favorite place,"

She got what I was trying to ask her. Well, I have so many favorite places I do go to on the Island but we should start with freedom park, which will be a nice place to enjoy our weekend.

"I'm glad to hear that," I say and start the car engine.

"Are you not telling me where we are heading to?"

Not like I'm gonna kidnap her.

"Nope, until we get there," I say, watching the car coming rear us before driving to the main road which leads to the gate.

"Can you turn on the car stereo?"

"Why not,"

I turn on the stereo to hear the track Damages by Tems pop in.