Chapter 11

Y/n's POV

Once I had pulled away, Kies face was as red as a tomato. Kie was never one to embarrass herself or even come close to being anything other than confident.

But Kies entire demeanor changed and she was almost shocked. I giggled a little at her reaction when I looked out into the crowd seeing quite a familiar face.

Rafe Cameron.

Now I was the one in shock. He had a smirk on his face as he dispersed from the crowd.

I quickly got up to follow after him. I heard JJ and Kie calling for me but that wasn't important right now.

He made me chase him all the way down the beach yelling his name before finally turning around. My ankle was seriously killing me.

"Jesus fuck you couldn't have just turned around man. Fuck I'm to drunk for this." My breathing was heavy and I had my hands on my knees trying to stable myself.

"Ok short stuff sit down." I heard his voice as he tried to guide me to sit down. I smacked his hand away.

"No way! Where the hell did you go? It's been a month! Not only that but do you know how much school you've missed? Your gonna be so behind that you might not even make it to next year! And how are you gonna fall asleep on the phone with me and then disappear the next day? I thought something happened to you... the least you could have done was let me know you were ok because I know you've seen my text messages." I panted, even more out of breath now.

"You done?" He asked

"Fuck off!" I rolled my eyes and started to walk away.

"No look, wait! Listen ok? I'm sorry. Look your right, I have seen your messages but I couldn't exactly respond. If I responded to you I knew I would have to respond to everyone else. I was trying to be MIA... and as for school... I'll figure it out. I'm sorry ok. I had to go away for a little bit..." He told me.

"What does that even mean? You had to go away for what? And you literally texted Kelce..." I asked

"Look it's complicated..." He said looking away.

"Is this... Is this about what you told me in the car that night?" I asked hesitantly. He looked slightly shocked that I had asked that but continued nonetheless.

"Sorta... I was just being dramatic I guess. But my dad was a total dick about everything. He said that I had to get a job or move out." He told me.

"But your 16... can you even get a house by yourself?" I questioned

"I don't know... but I went and stayed with... a friend for a while." He said.

"Your drug dealer?" I looked at him knowingly.

"Ok yea but that doesn't matter." He rolled his eyes.

"I'm not judging you ok? I just wish you would have told me... Topper and Kelce just kept saying ' He disappears sometimes but he'll be fine' but I didn't know if that was true." I sighed.

"Come here." He mumbled taking my hand and pulling me into a hug. I wrapped my arms around his neck as his arms wrapped around my waist.

I sighed, relieved that he was ok, but still kind of upset he didn't tell me.

"So... how was it making out with Kie?" He questioned and I could hear the smirk in his voice.

"Oh shut up." I pushed him away and we both laughed.

"I missed you to you know?" He said causing a smile to fall in my face.

"Come on, I need to drink more. Arguing killed my buzz." I grabbed his hand and pulled him back to the party.