Daniel Ricciardo; Your Wish.

Rest in Peace, your Majesty, Queen Lizzie.
🕊️🕊️

So with Daniels future being uncertain in F1 and there being many rumours, I'm just gonna take us to the end of the season and pretend the piasco NEVER EXISTED. In this he decided that he was gonna try and get the Alpine seat (I miss happy renault Danny okay) and it gets announced at the Abu Dhabi GP

Also will buxton gets the villain treatment

We will have paddock dads in this because I love Kimi and Seb. I was gonna bring Michael in but I'm already emotionally unstable enough as it is. Mick, Daniel and Seb are my top 3 and the first two might not even have seats so let's just dwell for a second.

Btw Daniel's love language imo is affirmation, have accidentally given reader acts of service but we roll with it

Underlined is foreign language conversation. I ain't going through translate and creating an encyclopedia.

Reader is half Finnish bcs Kimi

Höppänä - fool
Hani - honey
Täti - auntie
-----------------------------------------------
"Abu Dhabi 2022 is the most bittersweet race of the last five or so years." Will Buxton said as he walked around the paddock, a camera pointing at his face at all times. "Of course, some friends have retired, some have come back, but we are faced today with saying goodbye to Sebastian Vettel, and possibly Daniel Ricciardo, depending on the press conference that is rumoured to be taking place in the next fifteen minutes."

Daniel and his PR representative, (Y/N) (L/N)-Raikkonen, watched the livestream as Buxton spouted a load of shit. They were both calm and laughed about the facts he was saying, the pair making a pure joke out of it, but reality set in fast on them.

"Danny?"

"Hm?"

"It's press conference time with Sebastian, Fernando, Otmar and Mike."

Daniel sighed, shaking from his head to his toes like a wet dog, his excuse always being that it helps shake off the bad energy. He and (Y/N) weren't in team colours or uniform, it was white top and black shorts, to show no allegiance to any seat. The pair walked through the paddock, no words needed, just quick, reassuring looks were exchanged, the cameras desperate for a reaction or quote that they could manipulate to their own agenda.
Daniel stopped at the glass doors that led to the conference room, seeing his seat between two absolute legends and their principals, and started to panic. McLaren did what they could, he did what he could, the love just wasn't there on both sides, what if it happened again?

"Oi, pretty boy!" (Y/N) snapped her fingers in front of his eyes, her (E/C) irises searched his honey mahogany eyes for emotion. "You'll be okay, I arranged for Sebastian to be in this as a support for you. Do you need anything before going in?"

Dan thought for a second, a cheeky grin splitting his lips. "Kiss for good luck?"

"Hm, I'll find your girlfriend." (Y/N) said, pushing the doors open and nudging Daniel through, taking her place at the edge of the stage after greeting the panel.

David Croft, affectionately nicknamed Crofty, stood up first. "Daniel, we all know how everything went with McLaren, and we are under the impression that, since your fellow drivers who are retiring and transferring respectively, we," he gestured to the room. "Are assuming that you are here to announce a new contract?" There was a chorus of yeses and hums. "So if I may, what's next for you?"

Daniel looked at (Y/N) as he leant forward, seeing the small nod before giving a massive grin to the crowd. "After several weeks of talks with the other teams, I have accepted a two year contract at Alpine, effective January twenty-twenty-three, alongside my mate Esteban, again!" The room erupted as he said those words, Sebastian was grinning from ear to ear and gave the Aussie a side hug, whispering something that the microphones couldn't pick up.