Chapter IV: Act I

╔═*.·:·.✧ ✦✧.·:·.*═╗
Puppy Love
╚═*.·:·.✧ ✦✧.·:·.*═╝

Dark blue eyes stared at the words that casually spoke of the disaster that had just happened hours prior.

A cat ear seemed to flick in disappointment as its owner rolled up the piece of paper they held before turning their attention towards the horrible weather that blocked Inazuma inside and away from the outside world.

"Damn it, (Y/n)." The feline sighed heavily with a shake of their head, hating the fact that they missed an event that they would've loved to see in person.

(F/n)'s ears perked up as they heard rushed footsteps going towards them. Slowly turning their head, the ombre bluenette took notice of Gorou.

The said young soldier's tail was wagging non-stop as he came to a stop in front of the young blacksmith and adventurer.

(F/n) turned their full attention to Gorou, and crossed their arms over their chest.

"Yes, what is it?" They asked, already knowing the answer.

Gorou gave a dog-like grin and showed the letter that he had received from (Y/n).

"He replied!" Gorou exclaimed in pure happiness, his eyes sparkling with excitement.

(F/n) hummed softly, amused at the slightly older figure before them. "Really now?" They asked.

Gorou quickly nodded his head in pure joy. "Yep!" He retorted.

(F/n) blinked when they were brought into a hug.

"Thank you so much, (F/n)," Gorou whispered, tucking his head into the crevice of (F/n)'s neck.

The said ombre bluenette stiffened up a bit before relaxing. "Yeah, yeah." They sighed while patting the dog boy's back.

(F/n) could easily tell how Gorou had easily fallen in love with (Y/n).

It amused them greatly since Gorou was currently acting like he was having puppy love for the very first time in his life.

"Do you know when I'll be able to meet (Y/n)?" Gorou asked in a hopeful tone, pulling away from the hug.

(F/n) gave a thoughtful look as their tail swayed back and forth in a rhythm.

"Maybe in a few years? Give or take, honestly." (F/n) answered.

'More like when he finishes off both Venti and Zhongli's archon quests. I mean, one helped the traveler with his problem, and the other one had the traveler fix his problem. And they're both fucking broke!' (F/n) deadpanned, not caring if they had just bad-mouthed two Archons.

Gorou pouted lightly as his ears lowered and his tail went limp.

(F/n) froze when they saw the saddened puppy eyes that Gorou gave and mentally hissed in annoyance.

"During those years, you can still contact him, you know? I mean, you're currently facing puppy love right now." (F/n) bluntly points out.

Gorou took in the information before exploding into a dark crimson, imaginary smoke flying above his head.

"N-No I'm not!" Gorou exclaimed, stumbling over his words a bit.

(F/n) raised a brow and gave a teasing smile. "Oh? But I'm pretty sure you're blushing right now," they teased.

If it was possible, Gorou turned even a darker red in the face.

The ombre bluenette watched Gorou run off, amused at the fact they had broken the young soldier by teasing him about his crush on (Y/n).

"Kinda happy I agreed to let him in the harem. He's just a happy puppy who gets excited when a certain someone places their attention on him," (F/n) laughed softly.

Dark blue eyes then turned their attention back to the letter.

"Since Ursa is probably dead by now, fucking Dottore... that means Aether should be popping up in four years." (F/n) mumbled.

The twelve-year-old feline flicked the tip of their tail and crumbled up the letter that was held in their hand.

"Which also means the Abyss and the Fatui will be making their entrances fully known all across Teyvat. Starting with Dvalin's problem in Mondstadt," they murmured.

Dark blue eyes then twinkled with mischief. "Which means I have four years to be a bitch with Ayato and Ayaka," they snickered.

'Even if they're important for the plot, that doesn't mean I'm going to be giving up on trying to sacrifice them for mora.' They mused.

"Oh yeah... what did I come out here for again?" (F/n) finally asked themselves in realization.

The ombre bluenette did their best to understand what they were forgetting before slamming a fist onto an opened palm.

"Right, I came out here to get dinner since I'm too lazy to cook." They stated.

✧˖*°࿐

Gorou lay strewn across his bed with an arm thrown over his forehead, staring up at the ceiling that he shared with other soldiers.

His cheeks were flushed a gentle pink as his eyes slowly went over the letter a certain (H/c)ette had sent him.

The tip of his tail was hitting the bed as his cheeks continued to become a darker shade of pinkish-red while taking in the words written just for him.

"Maybe... (F/n) is right, maybe I am experiencing a crush." He whispered under his breath while bringing the letter to his chest.

"Or... was it, puppy love they said it was?" Gorou mumbled with a thoughtful look crossing his face.

He knew (F/n) was serious when they talk about love and crushes even if it was in a teasing tone or not.

"Should I write him back? No... I don't wanna make it seem rushed," Gorou huffed out as he rolled onto his stomach and stuffed his face into his pillow.

"Why is this so hard?" He muffled out.

✧˖*°࿐

(F/n) bites into a tri-flavored skewer they bought with whatever mora they had on them, ignoring the stares that they were receiving.

'I'm just gonna ignore these stares and act like you fuckers don't exist. I need my fucking food and nobody is gonna bother me and make me drop my good fucking food. Fucking shit, I sound like Gordon Ramsay.' They mused.

"You know what? Where's the fucking lamb sauce?" (F/n) mumbled underneath their breath, cracking a grin of amusement.

╔═*.·:·.✧ ✦✧.·:·.*═╗

╚═*.·:·.✧ ✦✧.·:·.*═╝